IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Yeah, when a moderator says “ piss off”  you know you are right. 

Moderator means fuck all it's not a job.

Not that I should have to explain to you, but... I lost my livelihood during this pandemic and all my savings and nearly lost my house, had to pivot and just starting to bounce back.

If you can't have a small laugh at the situation sometimes to get through, then you're dead inside.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, CowMan said:

It will be interesting to see if all these hospitality company’s apparent sense of social responsibility changes when they realize that they’ll get sod all from government for their efforts in closing? Although I imagine the brewery feels it’s on firm ground to bully them into paying up for following ‘voluntary’ advice to close. 

Given that most hospitality outlets have already closed, or moved to a socially distanced takeout approach as soon as the announcement happened, I'd say their sense of social responsibility is pretty spot on.

Nobody wants it running rife, and, the advice is to give them a day to work out what has happened. That's not entirely unreasonable. Nowhere wants their staff off for a fortnight self isolating either.

• Like 4

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Given that most hospitality outlets have already closed, or moved to a socially distanced takeout approach as soon as the announcement happened, I'd say their sense of social responsibility is pretty spot on.

Nobody wants it running rife, and, the advice is to give them a day to work out what has happened. That's not entirely unreasonable. Nowhere wants their staff off for a fortnight self isolating either.

Yes but the communication from what I can see hasn’t really been that clear. Can you imagine him making an announcement asking government workers to stay at home straight away but there’s no actual guarantee they’ll get paid this month? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Do you not think it sad that a poster like me can be the focus of attention when this virus can potentially fuck us all up. Shallow people everywhere.

More like the butt of jokes at a time of stress and concern, rather than the focus of attention. You’ll be forgotten again in no time when you fall asleep again. 

• Thanks 1

This edict from Government requesting voluntary compliance is only until tomorrow when they will hopefully have more information and be able to give us a better picture? That's my take on it.

That request has been delivered in an extremely poor and ambiguous fashion but presumably if it's "all clear" we can go back to normality, if not, the compensation packages will have to be restarted again. But we need the time to establish the facts.

The virus isn't interested in economics unfortunately.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

Yes but the communication from what I can see hasn’t really been that clear. Can you imagine him making an announcement asking government workers to stay at home straight away but there’s no actual guarantee they’ll get paid this month? 

The communication is about as clear as it can be in the circumstances.

They've told us that there could be community transmission, they're working to validate that and clarify the situation ASAP, and they will update us tomorrow.

In the meantime, they've asked us not to mix with other people where possible, as a precaution. If businesses have decided it is in their interest to close tonight, to protect themselves, their staff and their customers, that's reasonable.