IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Perhaps he said order or direction, either way the AG had to draft it  

.... but have not the emergency powers been transfered to , Where ever? Is the Ag not available for an instant decision?

.....and been enabled to be enacted on Comin advice, perhaps with Governor signature ? Without a legal decision from the AG's dept? Is that needed, really needed?

Poor JW, he has to wake up to this legal diacromity ????

21 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

MadUncleRonnie was brilliant.   Shame he was banned.

I don't remember him being banned. I doubt he was banned. Not the original.

I remember several incarnations of a lame and lousy obvious impersonator being banned recently. But those accounts lacked the intelligence and subtly of the original. The impersonator couldn't write well and simply wasn't funny. Impersonators are never funny.

11 minutes ago, yorik said:

Timings suggest not a school kid (to the school at 1520, away at 1900). Would be more than a couple of busses if it was a driver

Maybe someone who travels from Pulrose to Bemehague school after school time as they are employee to clean it

Pongo,

I think that the originator wrote very well, it was chance for the other personas to step aside and to let loose in a different manner to their usual diatribe. Of which we are seeing now?

Intelligence, verbal or written, usually means a poster has to give way , for ego purposes, to their true  understanding of a situation, to allow their true intelligence to come to the fore,  whether or not, they choose to 'see' the other opinion, their usual  persona only allows them to oppose and  thus, we lose a possible reasoned debate?

Edited by Kopek

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I think that the originator wrote very well, it was chance for the other persona to let loose in a different manner to their usual diatribe. Of which we are seeing now?

Intelligence, verbal or written, usually means a poster has to give way , for ego purposes, to their true  understanding of a situation, whether or not, they choose to 'see' the other opinion, their persona only allows them to oppose and  thus, we lose a possible

I've no idea what much of that means.

But I expect that most of us would probably have a fairly good idea who wrote the original Mad Uncle Ronnie pieces*. The recent impersonator was not anywhere near as bright. And not funny.

* or could certainly have a good guess, privately.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

You are all biffs. 

How do you change 'personas' so quickly? I can't even get a reply in in good time!!!!!!!

Anyway, get your posts in quickly, tomorrow you're on 'ignore', as you were in the past!

I would recommend the same for other serious posters on here!

Worth pointing out that the additional 'low-risk' locations actually represent the movements of (at least) two different people.  You can't be at the Brown Bobby and the Wildlife Park at the same time.

The link with schools may be relevant though.  I wonder if there is a possibility of schoolchildren passing on the virus without testing positive themselves, at least at first.  The recent Auckland cluster may have a similar example.  Given that we know a high percent of those involved in the local cluster are under 19, maybe that is a possible thing to check out.  Of course with genomics...

49 minutes ago, Kopek said:

.... but have not the emergency powers been transfered to , Where ever? Is the Ag not available for an instant decision?

.....and been enabled to be enacted on Comin advice, perhaps with Governor signature ? Without a legal decision from the AG's dept? Is that needed, really needed?

Poor JW, he has to wake up to this legal diacromity ????

The AG is the government's legal adviser, they (AG's chambers) would draft an order or direction to put effect to the Comin decision in accordance with the relevant legislation.  

19 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I wonder if there is a possibility of schoolchildren passing on the virus without testing positive themselves, at least at first. 

I think it’d have to be a false negative test or a sampling error.  I can’t see how it’s possible to pass on a virus that isn’t detectable by PCR - if there’s none on the swab how can you give it to someone else by coughing on them or whatever?

8 minutes ago, pongo said:

I've no idea what much of that means.

Some people who choose to write on MF or social media have a desire to present their self as a split personality, the persona that they desire to present their self as is a particular persona to the forum and their real 'opinion', is of little consequence to  the subject of the forum, this eventually leads to a situation where they can no longer present their self as their original dumb persona ad infinitum but need a release to their obvious intelligence, even to salve their own intelligence, to prove to their self that they have more offer than than their chosen 'moronic' stance that they have chosen to present to MF.

There is  a great desire in human behaviour to spout rubbish but have the opportunity to at a further date to say that they were ' just mouthing an ''opinion'', as if that is an excuse for their original expression of their thoughts.

11 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I think it’d have to be a false negative test or a sampling error.  I can’t see how it’s possible to pass on a virus that isn’t detectable by PCR - if there’s none on the swab how can you give it to someone else by coughing on them or whatever?

No possibility of a dormant stage before detection ?? 

17 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Back in April you were saying that masks were not of any use? Times have changed and perhaps your opinion is no longer valid?

• Like 1