IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

39 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The AG is the government's legal adviser, they (AG's chambers) would draft an order or direction to put effect to the Comin decision in accordance with the relevant legislation.  

What I would question Gladys, is that what powers have been transfered away from the original powers to other Depts, ie Health , to enable enactment of the old  powers given to the AG or Comin that are now empowered within, some such, Depts or purely within Comin to enact a full Lock  down? Or if the AGs dept is required to legalise the decision of Comin, is HE not available to give this legal formulatsasion?  Is he on the golf course?

I can't believe that a decision by Comin is not legalised in an emergancy?

So, why does HQ say otherwise???? We'd like you to shut down but it's up to you!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kopek said:

Intelligence, verbal or written, usually means a poster has to give way , for ego purposes, to their true  understanding of a situation, to allow their true intelligence to come to the fore,  whether or not, they choose to 'see' the other opinion, their usual  persona only allows them to oppose and  thus, we lose a possible reasoned debate?

I’m just surprised this forum seems to have its own Barry Norman who apparently gets to post critiques on other contributors posts. How very bizarre. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CowMan said:

None it would appear. This IOM newspapers report makes it clear that this is not a legal lockdown amd that the request for people to stay at home is completely unenforceable.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=60784

And yet...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/police-report-multiple-noisy-parties-after-stay-at-home-advice/

When is this insane madness going to end....

so two people have unexplained COVID so whole island is advised to stay home everything is cancelled.

we have vaccinated the most vulnerable didn’t they quote 20k?

come may or June when borders open there will be unexplained cases it will happen in general life.  We cannot close everything down every time somebody gets something.   

In my opinion we just have to get on with now keep vaccinating but life really has to go on, if your ill self isolate but it’s insane all of this 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

They haven’t arrested anyone though have they? You can guess what’s happened. A couple of interfering old busybodies next door will have come out of hiding under the stairs since 3 o’clock to the sound of music next door and called the police because it’s lockdown! and the police will have gone round to ask people to calm it down. It’s going to be impossible to police with so many lockdown crackpots around unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

When is this insane madness going to end....

so two people have unexplained COVID so whole island is advised to stay home everything is cancelled.

we have vaccinated the most vulnerable didn’t they quote 20k?

come may or June when borders open there will be unexplained cases it will happen in general life.  We cannot close everything down every time somebody gets something.   

In my opinion we just have to get on with now keep vaccinating but life really has to go on, if your ill self isolate but it’s insane all of this 

20,000 first jabs and just over 7,000 second jabs

Watch now will get all these people saying “oh but your not locked down it’s not legal”

but all sport was cancelled yesterday all sport cancelled today that is around a couple of thousand kids not doing sport on a beautiful day when the risks are extremely low to them.

I can’t go to gym pub or any paid activity or shop as they are all closed because two people who are ill most people it doesn’t kill.

if I was living in Ramsey or peel or port Erin o would be so annoyed as they are locked down for a cluster which is predominantly on Douglas 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Except it’s not. It’s 21450 total. 14,000 first and 7,000 second. About 17%.

We are still in top 15 in world percentage wise.

One of the news reports yesterday said 20k first jab. Either way it's a half decent amount nearly 10% of the population having had their 2nd dose