IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Sorry about my out bursts I’m just so annoyed and fed up of all this now 

Join the club. 

MR the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning commenting the police had a busy night attending to people having parties!

No shit Sherlock, and with with rather willy woolly non legal advice, does anyone seriously think that parties wouldn’t occur? 

Like you mentioned before Nomadic, if you don’t work, you have no money. I’m sure a lot of businesses closed, losing money, and their staff not being paid - another HRH The Chief Minister, Ashie and COMIN masterpiece. At least they can afford lockdowns. 

• Like 1

The list of low risk locations identified resulting from yesterday's cases goes back ten days, right into the middle of the time that other locations such as carrefour gym, and even the Java coffee and noodles venue were cited.

Whilst concerning that a couple people could have been roaming the streets with Covid, the timeline certainly supports a link to last weeks cases and venues.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear later today that these new cases have been linked to the existing cluster.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

The people begging for lockdown probably dont have to worry about the issues you've listed. Yet anyone raising those issues is called selfish. Go figure. 

I don’t think anyone really wants a lockdown. It doesn’t really help anyone but Granny Smith’s home bakes by delivery and various takeaways. 

The vocal ones are usually fearful, and need clear direction to put their minds at ease  

We want a calm, measured response to the risk. That’s likely to be masks and social distancing if risk exists  

We are currently waiting on results of testing and contact tracing to validate whether even that is needed. In the meantime, we’ve been asked to be careful. This is to minimise any further spread until the breadth of any infection is known.

Lockdowns are very blunt instruments and should only be used as a last resort. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You're exhibiting some very closed thinking there. I'm 'old' and I launched a new business this week. I'm also classed as 'vulnerable' and I haven't had my first vaccination dose yet. I'd rather like to stay working too if you don't mind. I've got money tied up in stock that was about to go to shops yesterday and I'd get paid for - it's all sitting here waiting to go, with no idea of when it will.

It's not always black and white and it's not just about you.

It's not just about any individual, or any specific group.

To date the whole this has been about the old and the vulnerable (wonder how many who are vulnerable term themselves as such when applying for life insurance?)

It's time to think of the majority.  That is those who will not become ill or suffer from contracting the virus.  The most vulnerable are vaccinated, anyone else who wants to shield is welcome to do so but the rest of us have lives to live.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You're exhibiting some very closed thinking there. I'm 'old' and I launched a new business this week. I'm also classed as 'vulnerable' and I haven't had my first vaccination dose yet. I'd rather like to stay working too if you don't mind. I've got money tied up in stock that was about to go to shops yesterday and I'd get paid for - it's all sitting here waiting to go, with no idea of when it will.

It's not always black and white and it's not just about you.

Not really for the past year it hasn’t been about me. 

Iv been locked down, opened up, locked down...

Iv done my bit Iv been caring for elderly shopping for self isolates and vulnerable home schooled complied to everything but nobody thinks about me or my health or my needs it’s all the old and vulnerable normal people have needs to but they are ignored and shafted instead

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, asitis said:

I've lost track of the inoculation policy, are we sticking to the two jab time scale or are we getting on with it ?

Neither.  We are just being very manx about it.

Intrigued by the use of popup hubs recently like Peel yesterday.

How does that tie in with the reasons given for spending so much and taking so long to get Chester Street open?

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Neither.  We are just being very manx about it.

Intrigued by the use of popup hubs recently like Peel yesterday.

How does that tie in with the reasons given for spending so much and taking so long to get Chester Street open?

The reason why the pop up took place wont answer your question 

The cost of Chester st us unrelated to anything else

Edited by snowman