IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Well. For once, I think they actually took a pragmatic approach. 

They told us to be careful for 24 hours whilst they figured out the situation when it looked like there was a problem. 

As soon as there was an update, they pushed it out saying the issue wasn’t as bad as expected, so life can continue as normal. 

I can agree with you here.

But we can't keep doing this. They need to be better prepared for identifying contacts. This reliance on publishing lists of locations is too slow.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I follow the logic here. They are concerned about 2 unexplained cases as it means that there are likely to be people out there who have it and are spreading it without knowing. They test all close contacts of those 2 and they show up negative, so the 2 didn't get it from any of their close contacts. So surely we still have 2 unexplained cases? I would have thought that a better outcome would have been a positive test from one of their close contacts with a link to the original cluster so they become explained cases?

Not sure they have made the right call here . Glad theres no lockdown but seems they are taking a big gamble on these two unexplained cases . Riding their luck I feel . Hope they have made the right call but one thing is we will know later this week if they have or not . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1