IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well thank god Howie has decided to ignore the doom merchants for once and let the economy try & recover, much better from Howie!

There’s mass disappointment all over Facebook already. I wonder how many people will ring in sick tomorrow morning as they have been told to do all those DIY jobs they had lined up for the next few weeks. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Manxas said:

Every time Henrietta is asked to comment by DA or HQ, she says she doesn't have anything further to say. Not exactly earning her salary if she cba commenting 

Probably because they had her input already and are just checking with her that they had correctly relayed the information or if they had missed anything.

Don't get me wrong, I have lots of criticism for certain headline actions, but this time it seems they have reacted pragmatically and as soon as the decision not to lockdown was made, issued a press release. 

Keeping my powder dry on the SP and Dr G situations, however. 

Edited by Gladys
Typis lol
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, CowMan said:

There’s mass disappointment all over Facebook already. I wonder how many people will ring in sick tomorrow morning as they have been told to do all those DIY jobs they had lined up for the next few weeks. 

Yes also demand for face masks so a few must have been out buying the stock up yesterday 😀

• Like 1

Judging by the amount of people out and about yesterday and today, a signifiant percentage of the population pretty much ignored HQ. Maybe with a bit of token social distancing in the coffee shops. 

I'd have a bit more respect for them, HQ and his possie, if they didn't bloat out the announcements with gov-splaining for the first ten minutes and all of the Cannon and Ball routine... to you.. to me..

So it's alright to interpret a directive anyway that suits you apparently? Bit of a misunderstanding for 11 months, she'll be right.    

Not that the journalists are much better.... " Are the two unexplained cases from the same household?".... "As I just explained, we don't know of any connection between the two individuals"! Jeez.

Anyway, got my jab due soon so I really won't care after that. 

53 minutes ago, The Chief said:

so we've chucked our own precedence out the window, we didn't even have one in hospital at Xmas and got a 21 day lockdown.

Makes me question who doesn't want a lockdown, Dandara again perhaps, Birthday party, HNWI coming home?

FYI i don't want a lockdown it's just interesting about the shifted goalposts.

The goal posts should be shifting.  People have been vaccinated. 

• Like 2