IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

As a large proportion of those are done then views on lockdowns or actions should change.  The goal posts should move.

They've only just started on the over 70s.

It won't alter immediate strategy, move on.

We know that around May is the target and review point for any fundamental changes.

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

As a large proportion of those are done then views on lockdowns or actions should change.  The goal posts should move.

It is patently obvious that the overall risk profile has shifted significantly since a year ago, even since Christmas. It will continue to shift, in the right direction, as more people are vaccinated and the UK numbers continue to fall. 

To not consider this in any decision making processes, today, would be pretty foolish. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Nellie said:

It is patently obvious that the overall risk profile has shifted significantly since a year ago, even since Christmas. It will continue to shift, in the right direction, as more people are vaccinated and the UK numbers continue to fall. 

To not consider this in any decision making processes, today, would be pretty foolish. 

Uk numbers down to 6000 new cases, lowest since September 😀20m vaccinations 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlanShimmin said:

They can still wear them if they want. They don't have to wait for Ashford to tell them they are allowed to wear their gimp masks in public 

Thats a bit unfair the mask wearing here (as opposed to the UK) needs to be normalized. This whole process of there’s covid put a mask on, there’s no covid well just do nothing again has to stop.

I've just popped up to the shop. I was out this morning wearing a mask and got this sense of general acknowledgment from people around me for doing the sensible thing. Yet after 3pm standing in a shop queue it seems that the general looks are back to why are you wearing that mask you prick didn’t you hear the 3pm announcement?

We seem to have been politically lulled into a false sense of security. Government announcements don’t really change the need to protect your own health as you see fit. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pongo said:

Are you opposed to people being asked to wear face masks - indoors?

If so, why?

Never said I was against it , but various Facebook warriors and I assume you’re one were demanding face masks be made compulsory. If you want to wear one , wear it but can’t see the point when out walking and would never were one excersising 

Edited by Banker

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Never said I was against it , but various Facebook warriors and I assume you’re one were demanding face masks be made compulsory. If you want to wear one , wear it but can’t see the point when out walking and would never were one excersising 

Good grief.

• Like 2

Just now, Banker said:

I quit Facebook before you joined.

Why would you be opposed to requiring people to wear face masks indoors? Suppose that it helped to prevent people spreading the virus and therefore reduced the possibility of us needing another lockdown. What's your thinking? Or is your response more Pavlovian?

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

Ignorantioa juris non excusat

Has it been changed in Manx Law.

I believe that what HQ has just stated that to Alex Bell, But I could be wrong.

There are three.

ignorantia juris haud excusat 

ignorantia juris non excusat

ignorantia juris neminem excusat

each slightly different

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

I quit Facebook before you joined.

Why would you be opposed to requiring people to wear face masks indoors? Suppose that it helped to prevent people spreading the virus and therefore reduced the possibility of us needing another lockdown. What's your thinking? Or is your response more Pavlovian?

Probably something about it being a muzzle and symbol of oppression or along those lines.