IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Probably something about it being a muzzle and symbol of oppression or along those lines.

I'd be genuinely interested to know whether you have any opinions about face masks. Given your username.

EDIT: 

But please ignore this question if you want to.

Edited by pongo

15 minutes ago, pongo said:

I quit Facebook before you joined.

Why would you be opposed to requiring people to wear face masks indoors? Suppose that it helped to prevent people spreading the virus and therefore reduced the possibility of us needing another lockdown. What's your thinking? Or is your response more Pavlovian?

If there’s a requirement to wear one I will, if it’s not legally required then no . However I have no objection if you or anyone else wishes to wear one , is that acceptable?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

If there’s a requirement to wear one I will, if it’s not legally required then no . However I have no objection if you or anyone else wishes to wear one , is that acceptable?

That's not the question I asked.

The reason to wear a mask is to prevent the wearer from spreading Covid. Not to prevent the wearer from catching it.

The case for masks is to reduce the need for another lockdown.

Would you be opposed to requiring people to wear masks? If so, why?

15 minutes ago, pongo said:

The reason to wear a mask is to prevent the wearer from spreading Covid. Not to prevent the wearer from catching it.

To be fair, it depends on the type of mask you are talking about.

Tight fitting FFP3 or the type with canisters on them like old gas masks will stop you breathing in the virus and they have a one way valve for breathing out so you can spread it if you had it.

But in the main most normal masks and face coverings are to stop spreading it.

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I wouldn't read too much into that.

Technically speaking, a lockdown hasn't been ruled out. And the police will need to be ready on the off chance anything changes.

HQ said several times that a lockdown  might be iintroduced very quickly, so be prepared. 

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's a bit weird them issuing a press release an hour before the actual conference.  Usually Quayle is only too keen to be the one pronouncing the good news.  

It was to cut Moulton off at the pass . Otherwise he would have asked why it took so long after the Comin meeting for the good news to be announced. 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

HQ said several times that a lockdown  might be iintroduced very quickly, so be prepared. 

I know, I meant that the police also being ready doesn't make it something that's definitely happening.

My biggest worry comes from the fact that two different households have appeared as part of this potential community spread bit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

And how are businesses supposed to do that? 

Offer limited menus so they have less stock? Order fewer materials? Don't start any big contracts?

I would love to know what his thought process was prior to that statement.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

This is the problem.

Obviously it's less of a problem if you work in a fixed location office, but if you've got 6 internal jobs lined up at different houses, how exactly are you supposed to prepare?

"Yes Mrs Smith, it's a 4 and 2 day job, we'll rip the room apart day 1, put it back together on days 2-3, skim it day 4, then be back next week to finish it"

Lockdown ordered day 1.

Fuck my life.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

And how are businesses supposed to do that? 

Offer limited menus so they have less stock? Order fewer materials? Don't start any big contracts?

I would love to know what his thought process was prior to that statement.

Oh and you know that 200 people wedding meal , can we just do sandwiches so I can make them up on the day in case of lockdown as I don’t want to buy 20 suckling pigs & oxen plus 50 lobsters in case I have to dump them 

• Like 1