IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Just musing at the lack of input from certain High Profile individuals during covid 19.  Is Ann Reynolds still in post?  Been extraordinarily quiet and under the radar (sic) during the pandemic. Is it 4 flights a day in and out and the steam packet and coastguards.  Has Ann some capacity for additional responsibility?  

She should have plus the deputy director & all the ATCs, firemen etc all getting full pay.

You really can’t blame Ann Reynolds for any of this really. Not her fault. Quayle et co are in charge. My own view , I would not put Quayle in charge of running a bath. But I’m in a minority as doing the ‘bleeding obvious ‘ has made him a very undeserved hero.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Escape Artist said:

It is unlikely that we will be in stage 2 in September. As soon as the requirement for self isolation is removed, travel back and forth will increase by a lot; and new coronavirus cases in the island will be inevitable I am afraid. It is not just the dispensation from self-isolation that will make the difference; but the sheer number of travellers. Personally, I intend to avoid all travel until quarantine is mandated, precisely because I would find it very difficult to stay at home for two weeks.

Amazingly negative. Have you thought about changing your name to Stay Here Forever Artist? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Amazingly negative. Have you thought about changing your name to Stay Here Forever Artist? 

There is no need to stay here forever. Firstly, you can leave now if you want. Secondly - this thing will be properly under control within 2 or 3 years. There really isn't any rush.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I would say that is the view of many. Not negative, but realistic. Too many heads in the clouds

It’s not the view of anyone who I know to be honest. And I stopped speaking to all the panic spreaders I know months ago as I really can’t abide listening to their idiotic crying about everything. Most of the real Covid fools seem to work for government and I worked out months ago that they have a vested interest in keeping it all going as really few of them want to go back to work and are happy to hang it out for as long as the taxpayer will pay them to spread fear and stay at home. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anyone said:

You really can’t blame Ann Reynolds for any of this really. Not her fault. Quayle et co are in charge. My own view , I would not put Quayle in charge of running a bath. But I’m in a minority as doing the ‘bleeding obvious ‘ has made him a very undeserved hero.

I don’t like him and don’t like the way he has treated both management and staff in the health service. He has been horrendous to other MHKs, but I do admire the way he has performed during this on going crisis. I would not want his job for 3 times the money. 

Edited by dilligaf

3 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

It’s not the view of anyone who I know to be honest. And I stopped speaking to all the panic spreaders I know months ago as I really can’t abide listening to their idiotic crying about everything. Most of the real Covid fools seem to work for government and I worked out months ago that they have a vested interest in keeping it all going as really few of them want to go back to work and are happy to hang it out for as long as the taxpayer will pay them to spread fear and stay at home. 

You aren’t sane fella

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Escape Artist said:

Since there is no need to quarantine when coming back from Guernsey; I wonder if it is possible to travel from the UK to Guernsey, and then from Guernsey to the Isle of Man, in such a way that IOM border force won't be aware of the UK starting point of the journey, and thus one can sidestep IOM's quarantine requirement.

Wonder no longer https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/travel

You can travel from the UK to Guernsey but you have to self-isolate there for 14 days from arrival.