IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

37 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Which one means ignorance of the law is no excuse?

This goes to the heart of the matter imho. I wonder if any of the many people jailed in the last 12 months have grounds for appeal in the light of the decision to take no action in SPCo cases?

Edited by Itsmeee

24 minutes ago, Banker said:

Oh and you know that 200 people wedding meal , can we just do sandwiches so I can make them up on the day in case of lockdown as I don’t want to buy 20 suckling pigs & oxen plus 50 lobsters in case I have to dump them 

32 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

This is the problem.

Obviously it's less of a problem if you work in a fixed location office, but if you've got 6 internal jobs lined up at different houses, how exactly are you supposed to prepare?

"Yes Mrs Smith, it's a 4 and 2 day job, we'll rip the room apart day 1, put it back together on days 2-3, skim it day 4, then be back next week to finish it"

Lockdown ordered day 1.

Fuck my life.

It's beginning to feel like the death of a thousand cuts. And just when you think it is all over and things are getting back to normal... oh and here are the tax increases to pay for it all. But they won't arrive until after the elections ~ naturally. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

This goes to the heart of the matter imho. I wonder if any of the many people jailed in the last 12 months have grounds for appeal in the light of the decision to take no action in SPCo cases?

It is pretty obvious that HQ et al dare not touch SPCo crew because of 2 five-letter words. Union and Strike. Especially as they, to all intents and purposes, own the SPCo.

Option A. Not in the (great Manx) public interest

Option B. Waste of taxpayers money (don't mention the prom/pinewood/Iris...)

Option C. Lessons have been learned

Option D. All of the above

Edited by CallMeCurious

57 minutes ago, Banker said:

Oh and you know that 200 people wedding meal , can we just do sandwiches so I can make them up on the day in case of lockdown as I don’t want to buy 20 suckling pigs & oxen plus 50 lobsters in case I have to dump them 

Where was that wedding?

I dunno how they accepted that.  Especially when there was no legal requirement to close.

10 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

It is pretty obvious that HQ et al dare not touch SPCo crew because of 2 five-letter words. Union and Strike. Especially as they, to all intents and purposes, own the SPCo.

Option A. Not in the (great Manx) public interest

Option B. Waste of taxpayers money (don't mention the prom/pinewood/Iris...)

Option C. Lessons have been learned

Option D. All of the above

Strike is a 6 letter word.

They made money out of Pinewood too.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

HQ said several times that a lockdown  might be iintroduced very quickly, so be prepared. 

That's just stupid to be honest. No wonder there was panic buying. Could happen and you’ve got half a loaf of bread to live on for a week then! Not to mention work to reschedule at a minutes notice. He’s sounding desperate if that’s what wa said.

3 minutes ago, CowMan said:

That's just stupid to be honest. No wonder there was panic buying. Could happen and you’ve got half a loaf of bread to live on for a week then! Not to mention work to reschedule at a minutes notice. He’s sounding desperate if that’s what wa said.

Well not really.

Lockdown has zero impact on food as has already been proven.  So if you do have half a loaf in you would just go out and buy some more.

The panic buying is being done by idiots that will do it regardless of having half a loaf or another 8 in the freezer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Banker said:

23 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Where was that wedding?

In an episode of Game of Thrones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Panic buying is something I still don't get. The shops aren't shutting you just might need to queue for a bit which because of panic buying you're going to have to do anyway, only without a mask so putting yourself at more risk. 

8 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I've got half a loaf and half a pint of milk left but going by my experience of the last 2 lockdowns I know I'll be able to go to the shop and get some more as and when I run out