IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Surely if they have broken the law there would be no choice

It depends if the exemption certificate is issued to the company or to the individuals. If its to the individuals then I don't know how that stands

There are a great many unknowns about the SP, what directive were they operating under up to 21 Jan, what was the directive or other guidance given to them on that day, who was subject to the exemption certificate and why did all go so seriously wrong when people started asking questions on the arrangements?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

There are a great many unknowns about the SP, what directive were they operating under up to 21 Jan, what was the directive or other guidance given to them on that day, who was subject to the exemption certificate and why did all go so seriously wrong when people started asking questions on the arrangements?

From the start of the furore...they did say it was a corporate certificate versus for individuals.

19 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Rear Admiral Woodcock (sometimes known as the CEO of IOMSPCo) has been unusually quiet about this saga. He's normally straight on to the media defending the IOMSPCo but so far I haven't heard or seen anything from him. I wonder why?

He isn’t the best of Govt PR. In the old days it was Geoff Corkish who was IOMSPC mouthpiece - he could teach them all a thing or two!

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It is certainly worthy of an explanation not dismissed with a pathetic excuse of “ Misunderstanding” where moving on

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Newbie said:

Do you mean 65-70's or all under 70's?  Interested to know where you get the info

At the top of the dashboard there is a drop down menu where you can select each age band in turn. If you select a particular day first, you can check the age profile of those receiving vaccinations on that day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wrighty said:

In the whole scheme of things, and relating back to something @Roger Mexico was talking about in terms of potential sources of transmission (clothing, post etc), I think it's far more likely that skiving, philandering, or simply people meeting up when perhaps they shouldn't be are reasons for 'unknown' sources of infection than the inanimate or surface route.

I obviously lead a less devious life than the rest of you.

Actually the main reason why track and trace apps can be helpful is to pick up on forgetfulness: Did I get that coffee from Java on Tuesday or Wednesday?; Did I pop into Tesco after work on Thursday or Friday? ; Where else did I look to buy that item before I found what I wanted?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

He isn’t the best of Govt PR. In the old days it was Geoff Corkish who was IOMSPC mouthpiece - he could teach them all a thing or two!

To be fair to the Rear Admiral he only says what Isle of Man Advertising tell him to say.

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually the main reason why track and trace apps can be helpful is to pick up on forgetfulness: Did I get that coffee from Java on Tuesday or Wednesday?; Did I pop into Tesco after work on Thursday or Friday? ; Where else did I look to buy that item before I found what I wanted?

I agree.  I don't think the tech is there for phones to signal each other reliably with bluetooth - in the early stages I heard there was someone who kept being told to isolate because there was a bus stop outside the house and the queue there was the source of positive contacts.  But as an aide memoire to where and precisely when you've been places, should contact tracers need to know, they're great.  Doesn't Google Maps have the facility to do just that for you anyway?

27 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Its not that simple though is it.

It is an offence to either fail to Isolate for 14 days with three negative tests or 21 days without. 

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Its not that simple though is it.

It is an offence to either fail to Isolate for 14 days with three negative tests or 21 days without. 

Obviously there are some caveats written into the legislation in minutely small print (and using lemon juice. Lol!) 

51 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Given the government thought Steam Packet staff were isolating I have to wonder why not a single check was performed over the last year. Surely a phone call or visit to a crew members house would have exposed the miscommunication.

The whole thing stinks of back covering bullshit.

Not just that, no testing at all seems to have been done on the local crews until now - indeed when it was suggested the usual apologists on here were quick to explain why such a thing would be quite impossible (now it's to be regular).

I suspect what happened was that the Government didn't even think about what restriction they should operate and the Steam Packet just applied the industry standard PPE and protocols.  Then someone (probably Ewart) got round to asking in January what had been agreed and some impractical document was drawn up that was waved at the SP, but not formally imposed.

33 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Rear Admiral Woodcock (sometimes known as the CEO of IOMSPCo) has been unusually quiet about this saga. He's normally straight on to the media defending the IOMSPCo but so far I haven't heard or seen anything from him. I wonder why?

Experience tells us that when the Manx Government is running round shouting "Nothing to see here!"[1] and the other party is saying absolutely nothing, then it's usually fairly easy to work out who has won (and probably gone away with their pockets stuffed).

[1]  As noted above Quayle managed both "draw a line under the situation" and "lessons to be learned" yesterday.  Half the country must have shouted "House!".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

From the start of the furore...they did say it was a corporate certificate versus for individuals.

But a company cannot isolate, have a swab test or vaccination, so even if the exemption was given to the company it could only be implemented by the humans  ie the staff and crew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1