IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

All the Covid 19 tests are done on Island

This is the situation where we need to know how the unknown cases caught it. Because if they did, with no known link to the cluster, chances are other people did too. 

If we can identify who in fact gave it to them, we can identify the trail, and thus where it may have branched off from there. 

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

This is the situation where we need to know how the unknown cases caught it. Because if they did, with no known link to the cluster, chances are other people did too. 

Yeah, or as Ashie will put it..."There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. Did I cover that ok Dr Henny?"

Dr Henny: "ooooh yes Minister"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I trust literally nothing anyone tells me. But the suggestion I've just been told is that we should expect implementation of measures - not a lockdown - in the coming 24-48hrs.

Not full on panic stations, but the implementation of social distancing and advised mask wearing for a period of time.

IF that does happy, I'll be very thrilled to see COMIN have some cajones.

• Like 5

Just now, jaymann said:

I trust literally nothing anyone tells me. But the suggestion I've just been told is that we should expect implementation of measures - not a lockdown - in the coming 24-48hrs.

Not full on panic stations, but the implementation of social distancing and advised mask wearing for a period of time.

I think this would be a reasonable and proportionate response to an evolving situation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

3 community cases does not justify a lockdown and hopefully they won’t bow to Karen’s pressure 

Sadly they did last time, precedence was set and there was no-one in hospital then, rumour has it Noble's ITU has a few patients being treated for other problems so there are reduced 'actual' beds (as opposed to emergency setup beds).

5 minutes ago, majkul said:

Possibility of a message on the government's Twitter account towards midnight, increasing by the minute.

Dont exaggerate , everyone knows its 11 45 it happens 😉 oh wait that is towards midnight 😊

Edited by Numbnuts

15 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Social distancing won't work.  They might as well lock down.  It's unfair on business owners too.

I'm not sure there is any reason to panic.  

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

Social distancing won't work.  They might as well lock down.  It's unfair on business owners too.

I'm not sure there is any reason to panic.  

I’m glad we have such an expert here to tell us why social distancing doesn’t work, and how every country must’ve therefore gotten it wrong. 

• Haha 1