IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

41 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

This is the situation where we need to know how the unknown cases caught it. Because if they did, with no known link to the cluster, chances are other people did too. 

If we can identify who in fact gave it to them, we can identify the trail, and thus where it may have branched off from there. 

How on earth are you going to do that without testing the entire island?  Sequencing (which is what I assume you are getting at) doesn't magically fill in missing links.

More chance of finding that missing link by testing everyone an app pinged up for the week before the new case as a close contact than through sequencing 

25 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I trust literally nothing anyone tells me. But the suggestion I've just been told is that we should expect implementation of measures - not a lockdown - in the coming 24-48hrs.

Not full on panic stations, but the implementation of social distancing and advised mask wearing for a period of time.

IF that does happy, I'll be very thrilled to see COMIN have some cajones.

Rather extraordinary that we have cases in the community, albeit in low numbers at the moment, and there are no measures whatsoever in place.  It is almost like we have forgot how insidious the virus can be and the lag factor.  If the vaccination programme was more advanced it would be more understandable.  The bottom line here will be continued community spread/hospital admissions. Hope COMIN and Howie are not in  a state of confirmation bias as this unfolds, yesterdays close contacts of two community cases being not positive so everything is ok was somewhat bizarre.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

How on earth are you going to do that without testing the entire island?  Sequencing (which is what I assume you are getting at) doesn't magically fill in missing links.

More chance of finding that missing link by testing everyone an app pinged up for the week before the new case as a close contact than through sequencing 

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65760-iom-covid-removing-restrictions/&do=findComment&comment=1494856

It might not help, but my previous post shows 2 ways it might and it won't hinder so why wouldn't you use it?

Edited by Manx Yeller
Addition
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I’m glad we have such an expert here to tell us why social distancing doesn’t work, and how every country must’ve therefore gotten it wrong. 

It doesn't work in practical terms.  How can you run a business? And genuinely keep people apart?

Did you go to the supermarket during lockdowns with social distancing,? Basically non existent.

Step out of your bunker now and again. 

I see Ashie just threw Public Health under the bus on the SPCo. Nothing to do with Government.

Which is odd because I thought the directives and exemptions were law? It really would be farcical if it weren't for the consequences for most of us. The sooner this is over and these clowns are gone the better for everyone.

And CoMin meeting again this evening. Also testing anyone including staff who were at Close Leece and Mona Lisa last Thursday but not Tesco apparently. Don't even need to be symptomatic, calling it surveillance testing.

2 new cases, one linked to an existing cluster, so is that still SPCo one or did the two unconnected ones that caused the weekend non-lockdown lockdown form a new cluster themselves? Or is it maybe 3. How many clusters before it is in the community?  

Kinda reminds you of a peat fire on moorland... just when you think it's out it pops up somewhere else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

I see Ashie just threw Public Health under the bus on the SPCo. Nothing to do with Government.

Which is odd because I thought the directives and exemptions were law? It really would be farcical if it weren't for the consequences for most of us. The sooner this is over and these clowns are gone the better for everyone.

And CoMin meeting again this evening. Also testing anyone including staff who were at Close Leece and Mona Lisa last Thursday but not Tesco apparently. Don't even need to be symptomatic, calling it surveillance testing.

2 new cases, one linked to an existing cluster, so is that still SPCo one or did the two unconnected ones that caused the weekend non-lockdown lockdown form a new cluster themselves? Or is it maybe 3. How many clusters before it is in the community?  

Kinda reminds you of a peat fire on moorland... just when you think it's out it pops up somewhere else.

Well if they offered to test everyone in Tesco during those times there would be so many it would inundate testing for a while 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Did you go to the supermarket during lockdowns with social distancing,? Basically non existent.

Au contraire, social distancing was very evident in the first lockdown, not so much on the circuit breaker, but everyone was wearing masks, unless you were a victimised covid denier.

• Like 4

Just now, Banker said:

Well if they offered to test everyone in Tesco during those times there would be so many it would inundate testing for a while 

Agreed so why bother at all? Admit it's out of the bag and do what they need to do. Otherwise before you know it, we'll be filling Nobles. Look what happened in the UK with this new variant, just after Xmas it rocketed very fast. The 2nd wave here peaked at 53 cases 14 days after NY lockdown began. We are now at 50 cases and no lockdown. 

image.png.93242be56e35f13ce2a153d828699da0.png

• Like 1