IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

57 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

How on earth are you going to do that without testing the entire island?  Sequencing (which is what I assume you are getting at) doesn't magically fill in missing links.

More chance of finding that missing link by testing everyone an app pinged up for the week before the new case as a close contact than through sequencing 

In the case of the two cases that appeared, we'd have known by Sunday, whether it was caught from the Steam Packet cluster, and more importantly, who they caught it from in that cluster. That narrows down the search immensely, as you just have to find whether something links those two individuals.

Still not necessarily an immediate thing, but you might just identify a high risk venue and get ahead of any other cases.

Did I mention that it's free if IOMG want to give it a go?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Agreed so why bother at all? Admit it's out of the bag and do what they need to do. Otherwise before you know it, we'll be filling Nobles. Look what happened in the UK with this new variant, just after Xmas it rocketed very fast. The 2nd wave here peaked at 53 cases 14 days after NY lockdown began. We are now at 50 cases and no lockdown. 

image.png.93242be56e35f13ce2a153d828699da0.png

Can we equally point out, that until now, all the positives, bar one, were those that had already been identified by contact tracing for isolation?

Last time, the community cases were what tipped the scales.

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Can we equally point out, that until now, all the positives, bar one, were those that had already been identified by contact tracing for isolation?

Last time, the community cases were what tipped the scales.

But last time there were higher numbers of community cases from several different areas including Villa, busy pubs etc , this time there are 3 with no large scale events visited or karaoke bars!!

4 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

It was, in their words, a 'risk of widespread community seeding' with those events.

Yes so shouldn’t be such a major risk this time looking at venues visited . If any measure required they should be for short period, no more than 7 days , this 21 days without community cases is ridiculous 

Edited by Banker

3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

It was, in their words, a 'risk of widespread community seeding' with those events.

https://covid19.gov.im/outbreak-management-plan/outbreak-plan/

We've just hit 5 on the rolling 7-day figures I believe, so according to the outbreak plan we'll be on the brink of Level 2. Spread controllable by contact tracing.  

2 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

https://covid19.gov.im/outbreak-management-plan/outbreak-plan/

We've just hit 5 on the rolling 7-day figures I believe, so according to the outbreak plan we'll be on the brink of Level 2. Spread controllable by contact tracing.  

That's a rolling 7 day average of community cases I believe.

33 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

In the case of the two cases that appeared, we'd have known by Sunday, whether it was caught from the Steam Packet cluster, and more importantly, who they caught it from in that cluster. That narrows down the search immensely, as you just have to find whether something links those two individuals.

Still not necessarily an immediate thing, but you might just identify a high risk venue and get ahead of any other cases.

Did I mention that it's free if IOMG want to give it a go?

And if it showed it wasn't from that cluster it helps with nothing, or even if it was from that cluster but not one of the other positive tests, helps with nothing as you still have a missing link.

A contact tracing app might help you find that link