IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

This really isnt good with seemingly more unexplained cases along with the rwo from last week. The world and his wife is going to be listening to the announcement tomorrow for sure . Well its fair to say its def in the community now sadly . 

Edited by Numbnuts

20 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If they announced this at 8 a.m tomorrow when they could have announced it now then the Karens etc would be in meltdown anyway.

I think releasing it early has made a difference personally, over 150 comments so far which is mostly people tagging friends etc, it took more than a few hours to reach that last time.

28 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Bemahague was visited twice by one of the weekends unexplained cases.

Something like 3 till 7pm? Probably a cleaner. Maybe their area is the yr 8  rooms? Although the walkways are all interconnected.

4 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

So what is the total number of new cases today? I can only see the two announced from this afternoon, one cluster related and one possible community case but the latest statement suggests more, no update on the official website, total active is still 50?

Clearly there is more.  Hence the announcement.   Update tomorrow i would assume.

On a limb here but the cases seem to be 1 from Pulrose and another free to lunch at Close Leece and dine at Mona Lisa???

The Wild life Park visit would suggest Children, maybe yr 8 pupil?

Could be the shops in these area have not been identified yet?

Sorry for the demograph insinuation.

If this was a TV programme, you would be saying no-one can be that stupid, it's completely unrealistic.

Comin have made some decisions that come into force at 00:01 on Wednesday, but apparently we aren't able to know what these are until the big man (in his own mind) tells us at 1000 today.

Meanwhile, the speaker of the house of keys doesn't know either, so he's saying that today's sitting will be virtual to avoid risk to those who have underlying health conditions. However this isn't the case with any other business on the IoM.

One school year is being told to self isolate with family, but apparently covid knows not to move out of that year group or school as all others are still to go in.

Why aren't the decisions made by Comin and the thinking behind it already public knowledge? Why do we have to wait till 1000 after everyone has gone to work and school to find out? Whoever is in charge of government communications should be sacked. It's an absolute joke.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Everything normal tomorrow apart from keys dialling it in then.

It is remarkable how Howie continues to send mixed messages.  Clearly waiting on more 'data' in the morning (which is really - are there any more community cases?) Suspect they will have some SD and masks re introduced, although there is, to my mind, a clear path as to where this is leading - they really are not accepting of what they are dealing with.  A complete sea change to how they were reacting previously, strange when the Kent variant is known to be more transmissible.  COMIN have us drifting towards the rocks.  Apologies for the seagoing metaphors but they seem somewhat apt.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Their fucking timing is out of this world

I heard about the teacher yesterday morning which is why I found the tracing list released yesterday curiously lacking. I thought my source was wrong.

I was also informed of 9 community cases and was surprised when they released yesterday's figures. I don't know if they are retesting the samples and hoping for a different outcome.

Covid really doesn't care about CoMin's dithering because it is busy spreading amongst the community without fear nor favour. As the Steam Packet cluster shows 1 case today equals 40 two weeks later. 9 cases in the wild today is 360 in a couple of weeks (in fact it be more than that as most of those individuals in the cluster were already socially isolating). 

It was always going to get out into the community again but it was the Council of Ministers job to have contingency planning in place to control the spread. There should not have been any dithering and it should have been a case of stick to the plan and inform the public. I hope their dithering isn't going to cost our community lives.