IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Well they’re not doing that in his favorite comparison Guernsey, they were getting unknown sporadic cases late last week and still cracking on with easing restrictions, schools opening Monday and hospitality etc expected on same day. They are keeping face masks, SD etc but at least trying something different 

Manx solutions for........

• Haha 2

I've not said my piece about the SPCo palaver - but FWIW here goes.

It seems fairly obvious that this whole lockdown was preventable. If the Direction Notice issued to the SPCo regarding their operational IOM based crew had been complied with, we likely wouldn't be where we are. Now, as a young scally, I remember having my collar felt by a bobby for some minor misdemeanour and being told that 'ignorance of the law is no excuse'. It still isn't to this day, and that has been shown by the penalties issued to individuals for breaches over the previous year.

I find it incomprehensible and cannot accept that an organisation with the resources of the SPCo was ignorant of the intent of the Direction Notices. As a business, they could have challenged the workability of the notice and the 'deal' that was been done last week to avoid the requirement for crew to self isolate put in place months ago. 

IOMG have obviously not checked on any crew who were supposed to be self isolating, or assured that the other instructions within the Direction Notices where being complied with in any way. If they had, this 'misunderstanding' would have come to light a long time ago.

I'm not one to normally criticise the Government, even when they make mistakes, as I realise they are facing an unprecedented challenge. However, this situation was foreseeable, and has had major consequences for peoples health, our liberty and our economy. 

The attempts of the CM to sweep this under the carpet are understandable as his Government has a lot to answer for here.

That must not be allowed to happen.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

The attempts of the CM to sweep this under the carpet are understandable as his Government has a lot to answer for here.

They even looked shifty on the video stream. They’ve got nowhere to go with any of this. 

Edited by CowMan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

So Lord Ashford is now throwing away vaccines - hand back you’re gong immediately you incompetent fuck - thank you.

7FE2832E-5141-4C16-A158-D2C94F171C1A.png

Pick up the phone and call the local police station, fire station, hospital, and see if anyone wants one. Incompetent bastard. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

What the IoM call "testing" is the bare minimum that can be done without it looking negligent.

What the IoM call "surveillance testing" is what the rest of the world calls "testing" (i.e. all contacts, same location, same time, however low risk, a few thousand tests a day during an outbreak like we have now). This is what I was trying to gear the IoM up for last year, in case we got another outbreak.

Real surveillance testing is testing random people in the population (a la ONS testing in the UK) or environmental testing (wastewater, surfaces, air sampling).

I'd add to that that they don't really seem to be doing re-testing, even of close contacts.  There seems to a belief that if they test negative everything is OK and nothing is done to test if that might change later unless they develop symptoms.  It matters less if people are isolating, but even then there's the danger that they pass it on to others they are co-isolating with.  I don't think testing is done at the end of isolation period, so there's the same problem that we had before Christmas with those travelling from the UK.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, manxst said:

Pick up the phone and call the local police station, fire station, hospital, and see if anyone wants one. Incompetent bastard. 

I'm sure just sticking your head out the door would have found 15 people willing to have it. 

Chucking away vaccines is incredible 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm sure just sticking your head out the door would have found 15 people willing to have it. 

Chucking away vaccines is incredible 

you can bet we won't hear about wasted vaccines ever again now.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I've not said my piece about the SPCo palaver - but FWIW here goes.

It seems fairly obvious that this whole lockdown was preventable. If the Direction Notice issued to the SPCo regarding their operational IOM based crew had been complied with, we likely wouldn't be where we are. Now, as a young scally, I remember having my collar felt by a bobby for some minor misdemeanour and being told that 'ignorance of the law is no excuse'. It still isn't to this day, and that has been shown by the penalties issued to individuals for breaches over the previous year.

I find it incomprehensible and cannot accept that an organisation with the resources of the SPCo was ignorant of the intent of the Direction Notices. As a business, they could have challenged the workability of the notice and the 'deal' that was been done last week to avoid the requirement for crew to self isolate put in place months ago. 

IOMG have obviously not checked on any crew who were supposed to be self isolating, or assured that the other instructions within the Direction Notices where being complied with in any way. If they had, this 'misunderstanding' would have come to light a long time ago.

I'm not one to normally criticise the Government, even when they make mistakes, as I realise they are facing an unprecedented challenge. However, this situation was foreseeable, and has had major consequences for peoples health, our liberty and our economy. 

The fat controller stating live on air that he won't turn this into a witch hunt and lessons to be learnt. Oh my giddy aunt.

• Like 1