IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

I suspect if they could have filled those slots they would have.  I can only imagine the protocols undertaken before a jab.  

Hi - what's your name? Got your driving licence? Who's your GP? (Check records for contraindications). Sign this form if you want the jab. Bingo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I suspect if they could have filled those slots they would have.  I can only imagine the protocols undertaken before a jab.  

UK vaccination centres have literally asked anyone passing the front door, or waiting in cars outside who have driven people there, as in the case of my parents. This was after calling local emergency services first (our on-Island staff haven’t even been considered yet). Protocols my arse. Yet another disgraceful moment. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, manxst said:

UK vaccination centres have literally asked anyone passing the front door, or waiting in cars outside who have driven people there, as in the case of my parents. This was after calling local emergency services first (our on-Island staff haven’t even been considered yet). Protocols my arse. Yet another disgraceful moment. 

Where theres a will theres a way . They clearly didnt try very hard . Sad reflection of most involved in this exercise . Organisation wise that is . Just stick it on facebook with a contact number and there you go. Within 30 mins you would have had more than enough volunteers . I for one would have dropped everything to get it done .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Where theres a will theres a way . They clearly didnt try very hard . Sad reflection of most involved in this exercise . Organisation wise that is . Just stick it on facebook with a contact number and there you go. Within 30 mins you would have had more than enough volunteers 

If anyone is wondering, my thoughts are, as with most IOM government organisations, it’s ‘lions led by donkeys’. The ones doing the hard work, at the ‘coal face’, do all they can with all the hours under the sun, to the best of their abilities. It’s the bosses who are incompetent, thinking of themselves/ their pensions / their next career step, that prevent government services from functioning as well as they could.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, manxst said:

If anyone is wondering, my thoughts are, as with most IOM government organisations, it’s ‘lions led by donkeys’. The ones doing the hard work, at the ‘coal face’, do all they can with all the hours under the sun, to the best of their abilities. It’s the bosses who are incompetent, thinking of themselves/ their pensions / their next career step, that prevent government services from functioning as well as they could.

No one is wondering fella:thumbsup:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, manxst said:

Another analogy would be: 'trying to soar like an eagle whilst strapped to a turkey'. 

43 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

More faith than me pal. I honestly dont think they can think outside the box and deviate from the plan. The steam packet is a prime example. The 2 vulnerable areas sea and air leave them alone they dont fall into the group to be vaccinated until one of them catches it and spreads it then they decide to vaccinate the staff. As soon as there was evidence the vaccine can halt transmission it should have been given to those likely to spread it. 

Like I say I am stunned any vaccine is being binned

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Oh, I can clearly imagine the bureaucratic protocols dreamt up by government. It is par for the course for IOMG to create a treacle like process that is hard to follow and difficult to administer. Instead of being nimble they just bimble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

More faith than me pal. I honestly dont think they can think outside the box and deviate from the plan. The steam packet is a prime example. The 2 vulnerable areas sea and air leave them alone they dont fall into the group to be vaccinated until one of them catches it and spreads it then they decide to vaccinate the staff. As soon as there was evidence the vaccine can halt transmission it should have been given to those likely to spread it. 

Like I say I am stunned any vaccine is being binned

To be fair you could use that argument then to actually say that we shouldn't be vaccinating the elderly first.  It should be kids and young people most likely to spread it.

6 minutes ago, manxst said:

If anyone is wondering, my thoughts are, as with most IOM government organisations, it’s ‘lions led by donkeys’. 

It's too easy to fall back on these kind of lazy clichés. Especially online where someone is always to blame and there is always someone to call them out.

People lead by people is a far more likely scenario though. Many people are fundamentally quite lazy unless they actually work for themselves. A few are brilliant, interested and dedicated. Many would rather be somewhere else and are only at work for the money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pongo said:

Many people are fundamentally quite lazy unless they actually work for themselves. A few are brilliant, interested and dedicated. Many would rather be somewhere else and are only at work for the money.

I mostly work for myself, and can be all at the same time lazy, brilliant, interested, dedicated and only doing it for the money.

What I was doing today is illegal tomorrow.

I'm quite drunk now and its only going to go one way.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

To be fair you could use that argument then to actually say that we shouldn't be vaccinating the elderly first.  It should be kids and young people most likely to spread it.

I'm talking about when we were covid free. Vaccinate the people who are likely to bring it back in. Like I say out the box common sense thinking seems to be a rarity

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1