IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

How did we get on with the protocol to oust the CM. Last I heard they were trying to reduce the number of people/MHKs needed to boot him/her out on his/her ass. Forgive me but I think we are getting into the area of clutching at straws to rid us of this buffoon, Within the earliest possible time scale

The key word in his comment  "the most wastage occurred in the week ending 15th February" is the word most. So this is not a one off occurrence and probably not the first.  How many in total I wonder? I recall the SPO needed 70.

Sad that the medics on the ground had neither the initiative, sense of urgency or most probably the permission not to waste these jabs. Much much worse is their superiors who after the first time this occurred had neither the sense of urgency, responsibility or initiative to decide this was utterly unacceptable and draft up a reserve list of candidates for such instances, such as Police Officers, or SPO staff? 

Can't even imagine an acceptable excuse for a leader in these circumstances.

"I wasn't made aware" - your team, your culture, your fault.  "We didn't have the time to organise it" - only acceptable for the first week

This, with the SPO fiasco, speaks volumes about the urgency and attention to detail being paid to this by HQ, Ministers and their senior advisors. Presumably due to the complete invulnerability they feel due to the long standing patience of the Manx public which is hopefully finite.  Until then for God's sake won't the media hold them to account?   

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Like I say out the box common sense thinking seems to be a rarity

Do you mean out of the box - IE box standard? Or do you mean outside of the box which is what you wrote previously?

Outside of the box often typically means almost the opposite of "common sense". "Common sensers" are the least imaginative people typically. 

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

How did we get on with the protocol to oust the CM. Last I heard they were trying to reduce the number of people/MHKs needed to boot him/her out on his/her ass. Forgive me but I think we are getting into the area of clutching at straws to rid us of this buffoon, Within the earliest possible time scale

Passed

15 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Finished by LegCo today but won't have royal assent for months. By that time the election will almost be upon us; the over 50's will have been vaccinated; and CoMin's mad plan to let the virus rip through the rest of us will have begun.

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs
  • Like 1

The excuse of ''Reasonable Doubt'' handed to the SP co. Is I think, a reason to o back on past convictions, to determine if there was also 'reasonable doubt' in those cases?

It should not have to be court appeal but rather a a revue of those cases by the \prosecution services, if we follow UK law?

The person convicted of stopping for fuel on the way from the boat to their home? Was that reasonable 'mis understanding' of the requirements?

The SP co fiasco opens up so many other avenues of appeal???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jaymann said:

3 people now in hospital. Ignoring case numbers, this should be starting to be concerning. 

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

One of those is imminently leaving.

So that's alright then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The vaccine does NOT stop the person contacting the virus. The vaccine does NOT stop the person spreading the virus. It DOES reduce the symptoms of the virus, it DOES reduce the need for hospitalisation of the person, it DOES reduce the need for the person to be taken to the ICU and it DOES reduce the chances of death of the person from the virus.

So the calls to vaccinate the IOMSPco crews, police, children and such as opposed to the most vulnerable are clearly misguided. The younger you are, the less chance you have of harsh effects, hospitalisation or death. 

as the U.K. top medical experts are saying - the best usage of the vaccine remains that based on solely an age criteria.

4 minutes ago, Dunroamin said:

The vaccine does NOT stop the person contacting the virus. The vaccine does NOT stop the person spreading the virus. It DOES reduce the symptoms of the virus, it DOES reduce the need for hospitalisation of the person, it DOES reduce the need for the person to be taken to the ICU and it DOES reduce the chances of death of the person from the virus.

So the calls to vaccinate the IOMSPco crews, police, children and such as opposed to the most vulnerable are clearly misguided. The younger you are, the less chance you have of harsh effects, hospitalisation or death. 

as the U.K. top medical experts are saying - the best usage of the vaccine remains that based on solely an age criteria.

If it reduces the effects of the virus, surely it would be wise to vaccinate emergency services etc who are a necessity for day to day life? Would you want them to be vaccinated at a later date and therefore have to take weeks/months off work should they catch it, when we are often told about the low staffing levels anyway? 

• Like 3