IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

54 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I was thinking today after all these press conferences for the past year if you didn’t know better you would think the only mhks are Howard, ashford and Allison...literally we never hear anything of any of the others.  Yes they might be only social media etc and Manx radio but do the man or woman in the street most at completely invisible and don’t exist.......or is it just me?

Alf's keeping his distance so the stench of Howard and Ashie doesn't stick to him for his run at the top job in September. 

There was of course that time that they unleashed Skelly on an unsuspecting Great Manx Public, and he told us all about how he had (presumably got high) and sat on a bench and talked to a ghost. 

Harmer was also unleashed once upon a time, that was about as memorable as the man himself. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

They've waffled their way around Rachel Glover again then.....

At this morning’s briefing Minister Ashford set out clearly why they were dealing with the Liverpool team re genomics. He set out the case clearly and convincingly. I fail to see why anyone would not understand his reasoning.

It made perfect sense to me and was no slight on Dr Glover.

• Haha 1

Just now, Gladys said:

Well, it isn't is it?  Surprising that they don't have a reserve list anyway given that every dose is sacred (viz the Catholic song from The Meaning of Life). 

A more guaranteed 'standby' list would be...the next lot in line. e.g 65 to 70 yr old etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

At this morning’s briefing Minister Ashford set out clearly why they were dealing with the Liverpool team re genomics. He set out the case clearly and convincingly. I fail to see why anyone would not understand his reasoning.

In your opinion, Howard... except of course for additionally failing, during the virtual Keys questions, to answer the question regarding the difference between IoMG's approach to the use of genomics and the approach used by most other jurisdictions including the UK and the US CDC?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Did he make a clear and convincing case that he even knew what he was talking about? What about Henrietta?

I was gonna see if I could find a transcript tomorrow when I sobered up to double check what I thought i heard but someone did it for me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I listened but missed the clear and persuasive reasoning.  Although I did hear Dr Ewart saying that knowing the variant wouldn't change the plan of attack, but it is not the variant but the chain of transmission that is useful.  That coupled with proper surveillance testing as described by Dr Glover has to be good, doesn't it? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well, it isn't is it?  Surprising that they don't have a reserve list anyway given that every dose is sacred (viz the Catholic song from The Meaning of Life). 

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

A more guaranteed 'standby' list would be...the next lot in line. e.g 65 to 70 yr old etc.

Which they now seem to be doing as I pointed out on the vaccine thread:

The full reply to Hooper's question is here.

The main problem is with the Pfizer vaccine (delivered at Chester Street) because doses from a vial once diluted only have a 'shelf-life' of 6 hours.  They appear to have run out of 'frontline' health and social care workers to give it to.  You'd think an informal list of vulnerable people who lived/worked nearly would be an idea.

Edited to add: They do seem to "have developed a protocol to have up to 10 persons per vaccination day, who have a vaccination booked, who are willing, at short notice to have their appointment brought forwards, should cancellations or DNA’s occur. This process is under trial now".  But you wonder why they didn't think of that before, especially since were so quick to set a list up for their own staff.

17 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I listened but missed the clear and persuasive reasoning.  Although I did hear Dr Ewart saying that knowing the variant wouldn't change the plan of attack, but it is not the variant but the chain of transmission that is useful.  That coupled with proper surveillance testing as described by Dr Glover has to be good, doesn't it? 

Agreed.

Interesting bit starts 20 mins in...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dunroamin said:

The vaccine does NOT stop the person contacting the virus. The vaccine does NOT stop the person spreading the virus. It DOES reduce the symptoms of the virus, it DOES reduce the need for hospitalisation of the person, it DOES reduce the need for the person to be taken to the ICU and it DOES reduce the chances of death of the person from the virus.

So the calls to vaccinate the IOMSPco crews, police, children and such as opposed to the most vulnerable are clearly misguided. The younger you are, the less chance you have of harsh effects, hospitalisation or death. 

as the U.K. top medical experts are saying - the best usage of the vaccine remains that based on solely an age criteria.

Good news is Public Health England think you could well be wrong. 

They are suggesting a very significant reduction in transmission. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/covid-vaccine-results-public-health-england-b921793.html

• Haha 1