IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Apple said:

This is astonishing that vaccines have been wasted.

They Tweet daily how many first and second doses have been administered. I’d like to see them add how many were wasted to that. It might concentrate a few minds on the issue. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

It has been a chastening few weeks, some may say months, for Howie, Ashie and the increasingly questionable Hetty, and quite rightly so.  They have presided over two distinct outbreaks which were, to a high degree,  preventable if the common sense measures for testing, vaccination etc were put in place when others were making the obvious case for same.  This latest outbreak will be far the most damaging.  There seemed a glib attitude to the Kent variant, when quite the opposite was required.  That was a massive red flag, highlighted by the daily cases coming in, they reassured themselves they were in isolation, hoping against hope none would pop up in the community.  Even then they tried to say it was business as normal as the close contacts of two cases were negative??!!!. Was no one reinforcing the fact the Kent variant was a more dangerous and transmissible variant?  The dreadful wastage of vaccine is hard to fathom.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, pongo said:

London govt saying that a 3rd vaccine may be necessary in the autumn because of the Brazilian strain.

Always been on the cards, & probably boosters in 2022.

I’m 36 the rate all of these jabs are doing my mother in law (70) will be getting her winter flu / COVID jab in September or October by the time I’m getting my first jab.....but I’m less likely to get sick etc etc doesn’t effect me as much etc etc but I’m still locked away though? 

borders open old people vaccinated but I’m still going to get it but it’s ok in an island whose population is predominantly older and has a pensions problem I won’t go to work to earn a wage to pay my taxes etc but they can all get there pensions but whose is paying for them .  Don’t tell me they saved it because the government spent all the money

there has to come a tipping point when we say we have to just get on with it (blitz spirit and all that) because as I society everything will start crumbling

10 minutes ago, pongo said:

Autumn this year though. Many will have barely had their first jabs.

Agreed. Expect new flavours of the Astra vaccine throughout the next few years.

9 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I’m 36 the rate all of these jabs are doing my mother in law (70) will be getting her winter flu / COVID jab in September or October by the time I’m getting my first jab.....but I’m less likely to get sick etc etc doesn’t effect me as much etc etc but I’m still locked away though? 

borders open old people vaccinated but I’m still going to get it but it’s ok in an island whose population is predominantly older and has a pensions problem I won’t go to work to earn a wage to pay my taxes etc but they can all get there pensions but whose is paying for them .  Don’t tell me they saved it because the government spent all the money

there has to come a tipping point when we say we have to just get on with it (blitz spirit and all that) because as I society everything will start crumbling

I saw a report last night that the governor of Texas has taken this approach and basically said we are open for business and put responsibility on people to keep their hygiene up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

They Tweet daily how many first and second doses have been administered. I’d like to see them add how many were wasted to that. It might concentrate a few minds on the issue. 

If I were them I'd have designed potential waste in at the start. If industry sickness levels run around 4 or 5% you can pretty much assume that at least one percentage point of the general population potentially won't turn up (likely more), due to not wanting to be vaccinated having other symptoms etc. etc. 

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

So there is a risk some pupils at Ballasalla are infected so they are telling some years to isolate and sending others to Port St Mary

Are they just deliberately messing up at every opportunity this time round?

Some of the kids are 'at risk' so have to go somewhere, some are kids of key workers including nurses. I'm sure they are more likely being more rigorous in hygiene and separation etc. when they do get to these alternatives. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So there is a risk some pupils at Ballasalla are infected so they are telling some years to isolate and sending others to Port St Mary

Are they just deliberately messing up at every opportunity this time round?

I couldn't understand sending any Ballasalla pupils to PSM, just seems bizarre.