IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

They Tweet daily how many first and second doses have been administered. I’d like to see them add how many were wasted to that. It might concentrate a few minds on the issue. 

That is an excellent idea and hopefully be part of their dashboard from here on in.

They can even 'spin' it as 'vaccines  used and saved " today.

What really gets me is that staff had to be involved in the wasting and did not say anything. That is why we need protected disclosure in public office legislation. Eventually those staff work to the public.

There are too many people looking the other way - a recurring theme nowadays.

I still cannot believe it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Some of the kids are 'at risk' so have to go somewhere, some are kids of key workers including nurses. I'm sure they are more likely being more rigorous in hygiene and separation etc. when they do get to these alternatives. 

Don't hold your breath.

We were sure they had issued clear instructions to the SPC and regularly checked that the instructions were being correctly followed.

Look where that got us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zarley said:

Don't hold your breath.

We were sure they had issued clear instructions to the SPC and regularly checked that the instructions were being correctly followed.

Look where that got us.

Headmasters and teachers tend to be a little more switched on than general government machinery, plus they have themselves to consider risk-wise also.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I couldn't understand sending any Ballasalla pupils to PSM, just seems bizarre. 

Yes, why not castletown? Also know parents of year 8 pupil at bemahague and were told to isolate and await contact but as at 5 yesterday they had had no contact, 

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Headmasters and teachers tend to be a little more switched on than general government machinery, plus they have themselves to consider risk-wise also.

I hope you're right. I've just lost faith in anything government and health related recently. 

I'm also hoping that the students have been sent to the school in PSM because they have the room to completely separate the Balla kids, but like I advised you to do, I'm not holding my (admittedly cynical) breath. 

Just now, Zarley said:

I hope you're right. I've just lost faith in anything government and health related recently. 

I'm also hoping that the students have been sent to the school in PSM because they have the room to completely separate the Balla kids, but like I advised you to do, I'm not holding my (admittedly cynical) breath. 

I have never tarred government mismanagement and frontline staff with the same brush. Many frontline staff are just as frustrated as the rest of us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Apple said:

That is an excellent idea and hopefully be part of their dashboard from here on in.

What really gets me is that staff had to be involved in the wasting and did not say anything. That is why we need protected disclosure in public office legislation. Eventually those staff work to the public.

The front line staff probably did, but the answer may have been that some expected waste was expected snd built in to the system.  Not that that makes it acceptable,  but I do know if any vaccine was left over in the early days it was given to people who were assisting and training in the vaccine process. 

7 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I have never tarred government mismanagement and frontline staff with the same brush. Many frontline staff are just as frustrated as the rest of us.

I know the vast majority of frontline staff do an excellent job. I'm not questioning them in any way. 

What I have less faith in, is the higher ups in government who dictate actions and allocate resources to said frontline staff. 

In this particular instance, the frontline staff have been told that students from Balla - where there's obviously a covid problem - have to be accommodated in PSM. I don't trust that the relevant office-occupants in the relevant departments will give the frontline staff what they need to look after these students and school staff safely. 

I hope you get where I'm coming from this time! :unsure:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Apple said:

I cant believe this either. Maybe one of our journos will ask at the next briefing. 

I understood that once the fifeser vaccine was defrosted you had 5 days to use it. Why not have a standby list of O50s who are prepared to be at the centre within 1 hour and take any leg overs.

8 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Probably because the contact team are er.........fucking busy?

People are so inconsiderate aren't they,

I never understand why people worry about things like this.

It's not like when people normally ring Government, they have never had it ring out before.

Personally I am always aghast if someone answers.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1