IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I see from the front of the Courier that former CM Richard Corkill and his good lady, now CI residents, availed themselves of the opportunity to return for a visit.

2 hours ago, Major Rushen said:

The risk of catching Covid will be greater at arrival and departure points in the U.K. or further on. So testing on arrival back in IOM will not identify if you have it. It will only appear in the next 1-14 days.

if you have had a swab test you will not be keen to have another one!

Well testing on arrival is working in Jersey, borders fully open 3 weeks & 4 live cases.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I see from the front of the Courier that former CM Richard Corkill and his good lady, now CI residents, availed themselves of the opportunity to return for a visit.

Wonder which holiday cottages they'll be staying in? :ph34r:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, b4mbi said:

Wonder which holiday cottages they'll be staying in? :ph34r:

Maybe the grants for such are looser and more lucrative in the CIs...

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually neither Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man are on the official Green List at all.  The Isle of Man because we seem to have been forgotten about or because the UK didn't want us to be treated differently to them (as the Green List includes Gibraltar, I suspect the latter).  Obviously anyone coming directly from IOM would be  less likely to be infected than someone from other places on that list.

However, according to the COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form [downloads], "Passengers arriving from Northern Ireland" don't even need to fill that form in, never mind go into quarantine or whatever. And anyone arriving into Northern Ireland from somewhere in the Common Travel Area (which includes the Isle of Man) automatically doesn't need to self-isolate for 14 days[1].  So going  by that route should be possible.

(You may have noticed that this means someone arriving from the UK has to self-isolate if they travel directly to Ireland but not if they go via NI.  As with most things involving the Irish border, this is a mess.  And the subject of political rows).

This means that although we are not officially on the Green List, going via NI means that we end up being treated as if we were.  And it's not really morally dodgy because obviously we should be on it.

Even though getting there should be easy, you will still need to obey whatever rules are in force when you get back to the Island about self-isolating etc.  Also the rules and public health advice in Ireland are much stricter than those currently happening in the Isle of Man regarding face covering etc.  So you will need to remember and follow those.

[1]  Technically this is only possible if you have been in the CTA for the last 14 days)

Thanks, as I thought, probably ok but not totally clear.

19 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I know who he was, but what was she again?  

21 hours ago, Banker said:

Well testing on arrival is working in Jersey, borders fully open 3 weeks & 4 live cases.

Two active cases as of today entering week 4 of open borders.

Hospitality booming, business travel resumed, residents enjoying family holidays all without the need of 14 day’s quarantine (isolation).

30,000 (or near as) tests completed.

Jersey seems like a very well ran & organised little Island.

9 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Jersey seems like a very well ran & organised little Island.

Maybe that's why Richard Corkill has emigrated to the CIs? :lol: