IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Billy kettlefish said:

I am not saying I know better I just would like to know why things are not moving abit quicker. 

This may explain it, close your eyes and listen to the distant sound of banjos in the forest and a voice booms "you're not from these parts are you boy" ! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Billy kettlefish said:

I am not saying I know better, I just would like to know why things are not moving a bit quicker.

You're asking in the wrong place, you won't find the answer to your question on MF. Ask your MHK, though what sort of reply you'd get is debatable. 

5 minutes ago, asitis said:

This may explain it, close your eyes and listen to the distant sound of banjos in the forest and a voice booms "you're not from these parts are you boy" ! 

Oh give it a rest, with the ur not a islander who cares were I come from, it is that small minded tiny island attitude that has got you in this pickle now. 

Edited by Billy kettlefish

By all accounts, it's going mental around everywhere. Several of my friends/colleagues know people now diagnosed positive or are isolating. I'm hearing over 200 households now isolating. Wtf. Is this down to not locking down properly last week? Not blaming govt, as they are living and learning. Quite understandably, they didn't want to lockdown unless absolutely necessary. 

Totally agree with charging people for missed vacs, drs or dentists appts btw.

Just now, Billy kettlefish said:

Maybe so, but one no show is one to many. 

I think there will always be the odd no show. We are talking old people, some have to get buses etc.

However, why not just send 10 invites out to volunteers who will turn up at the end of the day and take a jab if there are spares. Its not rocket science is it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raffles said:

By all accounts, it's going mental around everywhere. Several of my friends/colleagues know people now diagnosed positive or are isolating. I'm hearing over 200 households now isolating. Wtf. Is this down to not locking down properly last week? Not blaming govt, as they are living and learning. Quite understandably, they didn't want to lockdown unless absolutely necessary. 

Totally agree with charging people for missed vacs, drs or dentists appts btw.

It only has to get into one or two schools and that’s easily the pattern. It’s probably been boiling away there for a week as most kids don’t get symptoms anyway. What was one of the first low risk venues a kids gym club? 

Just now, Happier diner said:

I think there will always be the odd no show. We are talking old people, some have to get buses etc.

However, why not just send 10 invites out to volunteers who will turn up at the end of the day and take a jab if there are spares. Its not rocket science is it?

At last a voice of reason. Well said. 

22 minutes ago, snowman said:

The CEO of the Steam Packet has seemingly avoided alot of criticsm. He too should be vilified - the same as people are with government 

I'll just repeat what I said the other night:

On 3/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, Andy Onchan said:

Rear Admiral Woodcock (sometimes known as the CEO of IOMSPCo) has been unusually quiet about this saga. He's normally straight on to the media defending the IOMSPCo but so far I haven't heard or seen anything from him. I wonder why?

Experience tells us that when the Manx Government is running round shouting "Nothing to see here!"[1] and the other party is saying absolutely nothing, then it's usually fairly easy to work out who has won (and probably gone away with their pockets stuffed).

[1]  As noted above Quayle managed both "draw a line under the situation" and "lessons to be learned" yesterday.  Half the country must have shouted "House!".

The truth is the Steam Packet were almost certainly given no viable or legally enforceable directions, and even if they had been it wasn't till almost a year too late.  They seem to have followed international guidelines, which look to have been fairly effective till now, given no previous outbreaks.

There will always be the risk that transport workers will get infected no matter how careful they are (the current NZ cluster comes from an Airport worker, perhaps with no direct contact with who infected them).  The important thing is how quickly and efficiently the country reacts.  And the answer here is "Not very".

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It's not that many (it was 15 a week, not a day) but Hooper made the important point in his interview with Moulton that the real problem is the way the local team aren't allowed to use their common sense to do this sort of thing.

11 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

Maybe so, but one no show is one to many. 

Total bollocks.

There isn't a single appointment/ bookings business anywhere in the world that wouldn't be delighted if just 15 out of 5000 per week didn't show up.

Sometimes people can't make appointments and these things happen at very short notice.  I'm actually surprised it is so few.

Edited by TerryFuchwit

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'll just repeat what I said the other night:

On 3/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, Andy Onchan said:

Rear Admiral Woodcock (sometimes known as the CEO of IOMSPCo) has been unusually quiet about this saga. He's normally straight on to the media defending the IOMSPCo but so far I haven't heard or seen anything from him. I wonder why?

Experience tells us that when the Manx Government is running round shouting "Nothing to see here!"[1] and the other party is saying absolutely nothing, then it's usually fairly easy to work out who has won (and probably gone away with their pockets stuffed).

[1]  As noted above Quayle managed both "draw a line under the situation" and "lessons to be learned" yesterday.  Half the country must have shouted "House!".

The truth is the Steam Packet were almost certainly given no viable or legally enforceable directions, and even if they had been it wasn't till almost a year too late.  They seem to have followed international guidelines, which look to have been fairly effective till now, given no previous outbreaks.

There will always be the risk that transport workers will get infected no matter how careful they are (the current NZ cluster comes from an Airport worker, perhaps with no direct contact with who infected them).  The important thing is how quickly and efficiently the country reacts.  And the answer here is "Not very".

A good point. But it is illegal to enter the Island without isolating for 2 or 3 weeks. Its OK the Union and everybody spouting off about how lucky we are to have hardworking crew etc. etc. etc. But the responsibility is on the individual to comply with the law. There is nothing in the act that says its ok to ignore it so long as you are a SPCo worker. Its the SPCo's duty to look after its staff and offer the cover of an exemption certificate which they must have done. If the individuals have complied with the exemption certificate then they are ok. 

However, neither the government or the SPco can have broken the law, only the individual. If the individual has complied with the terms of the exemption they are in the clear.