IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Manx Yeller said:

@CowMan

I too am a member of that cult. If you aren't, I have a question for you. Why wouldn't you want to use Dr Glover to provide genomics in 24/36 hours that would potentially show where the paths are? Even if it just showed that everything that the track and trace team had worked out was correct, you aren't losing anything. If it was able to link an unexplained case, you gain something. Either way, you won't be worse off. So why not use her?

You do realise that there is a possibility that anyone calling himself 'cowman' might be called Howard IRL...

• Haha 2

Just now, Andy Onchan said:

She Who Speaks ventured out for her exercise and to post a letter just before lunch and said that Onchan Village Main Rd was dead. No cars, no people. Quite eerie apparently.

Yes I've been out that way a couple of times today work related and yes its very quiet around town .

1 minute ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I find this all very patronizing “follow the rules” blah blah isn’t that what the island has done for a year and done very well at and still in this position I wouldn’t be surprised if people went nah your alright I’ll do the bare minimum this time 

I witnessed just that attitude from from close neighbours on Sunday morning following the Saturday PM announcement, to the effect that the Govt have cried "wolf" too often. Let's hope they take on board 17 new cases in one day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

So every crew member should isolate for two weeks after every return voyage?  You don't see a slight flaw in this plan?

They should basically be living under isolation at this point and until the crisis is over.

Or else lay them off on full pay and use UK based crews.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I find this all very patronizing “follow the rules” blah blah isn’t that what the island has done for a year and done very well at and still in this position I wouldn’t be surprised if people went nah your alright I’ll do the bare minimum this time 

If people do that we're going to be stuck in lockdown for a lot longer than 21 days! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Follow the rules? Pots and kettles! (IOMSPCo)