IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I meant compared to our last circuit breaker.

Long term, this is our last one with any luck. But I don't see us coming out in 3 weeks and a bit at the rate we're going.

More cheer. This is a forum that just keeps on giving. Why are half of you still alive if the prognoses is so thoroughly negative? I’d have probably jumped off a cliff by now if I believed everything was just so doom laden. 

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

Oh yes I hadn’t thought of that. Yes it’s highly likely that Howard Quayle would register an anonymous account on some minor local forum just to challenge some paranoid wailing covid-obsessed pensioners talking drivel. 

OK! Or indeed post during a media briefing (don't dash my imagination).

Maybe you are one of the Cabinet Office spin doctors, or even the top secretary fella.

More cheer. This is a forum that just keeps on giving. Why are half of you still alive if the prognoses is so thoroughly negative? I’d have probably jumped off a cliff by now if I believed everything was just so doom laden. 

You come into a thread about a pandemic, during a particularly dodgy looking outbreak, expecting some cheer? Might I suggest you try almost anywhere else?

• Like 7

Just now, CowMan said:

Or maybe you’re ..... mental?

I is psychic,

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CowMan said:

We are in a lockdown, because of a virus that does nobody any favours.

That's not doom laden, that's factual. Now, appointing where the blame lies is a totally different matter.

As your beloved HQ says himself, we'd be in a very different spot if this had happened in a couple of months. But, we aren't, so we're in our doom laden world for now. Buck up, it'll be like the teenage emos of the early 2000s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

As your beloved HQ says himself,

Jesus Christ how does challenging your utterly, unrelenting, doom laden, ceaselessly depressing posts and predictions in any way make me a HQ supporter? 

Edited by CowMan
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ who does challenging your utterly, unrelenting, doom laden, ceaselessly depressing posts and predictions in any way make me a HQ supporter? 

Reading this forum isn't mandatory. 

Do one. 

• Thanks 1

Not giving vaccinations to emergency staff because it doesn’t fit in with some scheme they’ve read about elsewhere and the staff are those that are young and fit and healthy (although judging our lot I might disagree) apparently. What they fail to understand is that if the fire brigade, police etc are hit by covid, then yes, they’ll probably be ok....but that would be after a month or more of being off work. I think I read that at one point Jersey was down to FOUR police officers. If that happened here, we’d be royally screwed. 

• Like 3