IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Kent variant is way more contagious so HQ wasn't kidding when he said brace yourselves. HQ losing it with PM must be feeling the pressure.

That is the point.  Howie stated they only realised they had a real problem on Monday evening and Dr Ewart has previously stated that to response is the same no matter what the variant is, but clearly this is incorrect.  They had the data it was the Kent variant I think Friday or thereabouts last week.  That was the time to reassess.  Not the dither that followed over the weekend.  

Just now, Hmmmm said:

That is the point.  Howie stated they only realised they had a real problem on Monday evening and Dr Ewart has previously stated that to response is the same no matter what the variant is, but clearly this is incorrect.  They had the data it was the Kent variant I think Friday or thereabouts last week.  That was the time to reassess.  Not the dither that followed over the weekend.  

Given the circumstances and likelihood, you'd always assume it was the most common variant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zarley said:

Reading this forum isn't mandatory. 

Do one. 

I just found Facebook depressing and so came on here for a change but honestly it’s worse. You’d feel suicidal if you were a normal person reading all constant depressing crying and wailing on here from most posters. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, manxst said:

Not giving vaccinations to emergency staff because it doesn’t fit in with some scheme they’ve read about elsewhere and the staff are those that are young and fit and healthy (although judging our lot I might disagree) apparently. What they fail to understand is that if the fire brigade, police etc are hit by covid, then yes, they’ll probably be ok....but that would be after a month or more of being off work. I think I read that at one point Jersey was down to FOUR police officers. If that happened here, we’d be royally screwed. 

Also not using an online system to book vaccinations as we only release slots when we have vaccine in stock is ridiculous, just book them in and in very rare case the vaccine doesn’t arrive they can be cancelled online, this would free up loads of staff on 111

• Like 2

Just now, CowMan said:

I just found Facebook depressing and so came on here for a change but honestly it’s worse. You’d feel suicidal if you were a normal person reading all constant depressing crying and wailing on here from most posters. 

You look in the thread discussing the bad news, and are surprised when you find bad news and people discussing the bad parts of the bad news.

Of course it isn't going to be sunshine and lollipops. There are other threads for good news.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

Change your perspective and read it as satire. Then it becomes highly entertaining. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Leaving the decision to pubs/clubs to stay open until 00.01 Wednesday morning under the known circumstances is madness.

H&B clearly did the responsible thing, but the temptation to stay open to let punters mix, right up to the deadline shouldn't have been left in the hands of private operators, given the part such premises can play in spreading. They should have been told to close with effect the lockdown announcement.

• Like 5

^

Re Howard's closing remarks: few would deny the lockdown was the right thing to do. The disappointment was how and when.

And well done those pubs etc that did close on the weekend, such as Quids, Thirsty Pigeon and many others. A difficult decision to make. I do wonder where all the rowdy pissheads had been who came meandering and shouting their gobs off as they staggered up our road in the not so early hours of the morning.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Manx Yeller said:

@CowMan

I too am a member of that cult. If you aren't, I have a question for you. Why wouldn't you want to use Dr Glover to provide genomics in 24/36 hours that would potentially show where the paths are? Even if it just showed that everything that the track and trace team had worked out was correct, you aren't losing anything. If it was able to link an unexplained case, you gain something. Either way, you won't be worse off. So why not use her?

@CowMan I'm still interested in your answer to this as I'm always keen to see things from other view points.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

You look in the thread discussing the bad news, and are surprised when you find bad news and people discussing the bad parts of the bad news.

Of course it isn't going to be sunshine and lollipops. There are other threads for good news.

To be honest posters like you seem to AMPLIFY bad news ceaselessly. You say already “this is likely to be more than 3 weeks” and that’s on DAY ONE. What drives such an unrelenting NEGATIVE opinion to try to depress other forum members with after just one day?  What’s your secret? What secret doom-locker do you have access to that others can’t access? It’s just thoroughly depressing views based on no actual information which suggests, as yet, that what you said might actually be the case? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CowMan said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Haha 2

Just now, Barlow said:

^

Re Howard's closing remarks, few would deny the lockdown was the right thing to do. The disappointment was how and when.

Yes lockdown right, but shouldn’t have come to this.

Sick to death with HRH The Chief Minister with his pleading and hand wringing. Every news conference becoming a bullshit bingo with the same phrases constantly trotted out ad nauseum. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CowMan said:

To be honest posters like you seem to AMPLIFY bad news ceaselessly. You say already “this is likely to be more than 3 weeks” and that’s on DAY ONE. What drives such an unrelenting NEGATIVE opinion to try to depress other forum members with after just one day?  What’s your secret? What secret doom-locker do you have access to that others can’t access? It’s just thoroughly depressing views based on no actual information which suggests, as yet, that what you said might actually be the case? 

'ere, you leave AC alone. He is only reading the writing on the wall.

• Haha 1

Just now, CowMan said:

Oh so we are EMPHASISING with capitals now? OKAY.

So, let us BASE our VIEWS on previous EVIDENCE. Virus go brrr. People go cough. Lockdown go long.

Last time, the criteria for leaving lockdown was 21 days with no new community cases. We've had community cases. Likely a good number to come over the coming week too. Unless strategy has changed, that's where we are at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2