IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, 2112 said:

Yes lockdown right, but shouldn’t have come to this.

Sick to death with HRH The Chief Minister with his pleading and hand wringing. Every news conference becoming a bullshit bingo with the same phrases constantly trotted out ad nauseum. 

Did I hear right DA referred to word bingo immediately before saying how serious the situation was and people shouldn’t make light of it? 

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Virus go brrr. People go cough. Lockdown go long.

That says it all really - if you’re not scaring people then you’re just being childish and insulting. You’re just another depressing unqualified armchair virologist like any other a Facebook Karen. 

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

That says it all really - if you’re not scaring people then you’re just being childish and insulting. You’re just another depressing unqualified armchair virologist like any other a Facebook Karen. 

You berate me for being childish and insulting, then resort to calling people Karens.

Pick a narrative.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Lewis said:

The stakes are so high yet HQ et al not only fail to use any initiative until its too late but fail to even take the most basic, common sense actions and then make sure they are followed up.

Pathetic platitudes like:

• lessons will be learned (Oh God find a new one)
  • we don't want a witch hunt
  • it was a communications problem
  • we  need to look forwards
  • we use all the information available

are no excuse for this. It's not even incompetence as that implies a lack of adequate training or ability. This is such basic stuff it's negligence. 

The only real lesson here is that you don't need to be an expert to avoid most of this mess. It just needs hard work, attention to detail and accountatbility (shock, horror) but most importantly, energetic leadership focussed on success rather than blame avoidance. Politicians and civil servants could not survive this anywhere else.

Spot on.     I work for govt (no furlough for me, working from home) in a technical IT role related to health.     In my experience, there is a lack of supervision or  even willingness to supervise whether people are actually doing what they're being paid to do.   Clearly there was rubbish communication and a complete lack of oversight.    What an absolute clusterfuck (yes, pun intended).   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

The press conference was depressing, as HQ said many times he is preparing us for the escalation to come.

I must admit though the distraction of using broken record techniques, boasting (he said) of naming us as the world best vaccine giver (compared to WHO vaccination figures with immunisation programmes in other larger parts of the world) and the constant comparisons to Jersey, Gurnsey and the UK are not useful or helpful in any way. 

There was also a lot of information that seems quite contradictory at times about relating it to the previous cluster. basiclly they do now know, Hetty said, but seem reluctant to clearly acknowledge or even admit it.

To be honest I think they have learned nothing about how to present the facts, how to communicate properly and effectively and how to address some of the important issues our island is facing. 

PS -note to HQ stop referring to me as a member of "our people'. I belong to no-one, except Mrs A !

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Apple said:

The press conference was depressing, as HQ said many times he is preparing us for the escalation to come.

I must admit though the distraction of using broken record techniques, boasting (he said) of naming us as the world best vaccine giver (compared to WHO vaccination figures with immunisation programmes in other larger parts of the world) and the constant comparisons to Jersey, Gurnsey and the UK are not useful or helpful in any way. 

There was also a lot of information that seems quite contradictory at times about relating it to the previous cluster. basiclly they do now know, Hetty said, but seem reluctant to clearly acknowledge or even admit it.

To be honest I think they have learned nothing about how to present the facts, how to communicate properly and effectively and how to address some of the important issues our island is facing. 

PS -note to HQ stop referring to me as a member of "our people'. I belong to no-one, except Mrs A !

When you say escalation do you mean more cases or more restrictions?

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

More cases. He stated we would probably be looking at 20-30 new cases per day, and I think at one point referenced Jerseys 1000 cases....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I don't think they'd bring more restrictions in. Most of the stuff that is allowed is low risk and only helps those who can work alone or safely outside.

Anecdotally, everyone I've seen out and about today has been masked up or seemingly acting sensibly.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Oh yes I hadn’t thought of that. Yes it’s highly likely that Howard Quayle would register an anonymous account on some minor local forum just to challenge some paranoid wailing covid-obsessed pensioners talking drivel. 

Yes, an inconsequential, minor local forum, so unimportant and full of sheight that see's you coming back time after time with one identity after another. You just can't give it up can you..? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1