IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Yes, an inconsequential, minor local forum, so unimportant and full of sheight that see's you coming back time after time with one identity after another. You just can't give it up can you..? 

??

You seem to have anger management issues fella. Take a chill pill. Your brain seems to be making bad connections.

Is this really what happens when you disagree with the covid ‘experts’ on this forum? 

59 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Re today's media briefing, media questions:

To Paul Moulton, Helen McKenna Isle of Man Newspapers

There are 4.5k viewers on Facebook for your questions. There will be many listeners on Manx Radio.

Keep asking those questions. Yes, some people do switch off - there were 7,1k viewers on Facebook at its peak today - but usually the down turn is after the ;juicy' bits have been read out at the start.

I always stay with it until Moulton has done his bit just to see if his questions can get any more idiotic (unfortunately  he is usually on last ). Excelled himself today and you could almost feel the contempt from the Chief Minister as he answered his questions, sent him away with a flea in his ear,and his tail between his legs.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, CowMan said:

To be honest posters like you seem to AMPLIFY bad news ceaselessly. You say already “this is likely to be more than 3 weeks” and that’s on DAY ONE. What drives such an unrelenting NEGATIVE opinion to try to depress other forum members with after just one day?  What’s your secret? What secret doom-locker do you have access to that others can’t access? It’s just thoroughly depressing views based on no actual information which suggests, as yet, that what you said might actually be the case? 

Maybe one reason why people (jokingly) suggested you were Quayle was that you seem to believe that it's the duty of everyone else to tell you nice things rather than true things.  And that the universe is obliged to organise itself to suit whatever your whims happen to be at the moment.

You're not unique in this of course.  Social media are full of people throwing similar toddler-like tantrums when reality fails to match their expectations - with the blame always directed to someone else.  The trouble is that too many of such people are are in positions of power and we all have to deal with the consequences of their decisions and inability to deal with real life.  But those who support them must take some responsibility as well.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Wrong word
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

DA mentioned that all adults to get a first dose of the vaccine by the end of May, in line with the UK - unless I misheard this.

The only thing I can find shows the UK's timeline as being all adults offered a first dose of the vaccine by the end of July

Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, asitis said:

Neither am I, and I was merely pointing out one possible obstacle. I do however suggest you boot up your sense of humour if you are to remain sane (ish) on here.

I have a great sense of humour, I have to have one in my line of business. But i see that sort of thing on all manx and island forums and that other well know Book face. 

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Maybe one reason why people (jokingly) suggested you were Quayle was that you seem to believe that it's the duty of everyone else to tell you nice things rather than true things.  And that the universe is obliged to organise itself to suit whatever your whims happen to be at the moment.

I don’t want people to tell me nice things to be honest I just find it odd that people what to spin half-truths and uncorroborated information so frequently and blow it all up into ever more elaborate doomsday scenarios. No wonder there is a burgeoning mental health crisis with so many people reading this unrelenting juggernaut of depressing drivel from social media covid “experts. I’m dealing with real life thanks. That’s a fact. Half of you seem to be off into the successive rings of Dante’s Inferno of covid-doom and will only be happy when some pseudo zombie-covid-apocalypse is the only end result. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I don't think they'd bring more restrictions in. Most of the stuff that is allowed is low risk and only helps those who can work alone or safely outside.

Anecdotally, everyone I've seen out and about today has been masked up or seemingly acting sensibly.

Strangely enough the only workmen I saw today who were working close together, but mostly not wearing masks were some DOI staff on the promenade, perhaps they have all had their vaccinations.

13 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Maybe, but listening to the uk budget today it sounds like they are not expecting to be fully out of lockdown until September. 

I'm trying to stay positive and I think furlough will be for the likes of the aviation industry who wont be up and running 100% straight away. Hopefully everything else is up and running before September 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm trying to stay positive and I think furlough will be for the likes of the aviation industry who wont be up and running 100% straight away. Hopefully everything else is up and running before September 

Everywhere will be making a massive push to back to normal by summer.

It's the time to do it, the virus backs off over summer anyway. Once everyone is jabbed, it'll just become another normal thing.

We've just got a few more months to get through and we're there. I've always been a proponent of local elimination here until then, as it isn't far off, and if we do it properly once, it's better than thrice badly.

Aviation and travel will take longer, think how many business meetings have been replaced by Zoom now.

• Like 3