IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Education Minister Dr Alex Allinson said: ‘Our island is facing another assault from Covid-19 but this time a mutation has made it spread faster than before.’

Instead of:

Our island is facing another assault from Government ineptitude 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I couldn’t bear to listen this time. I ate chocolate instead. Can you précis the PM bit for me?

He asked if the press could be allowed more than 2 questions, this giving HQ the chance to point out his own previous question was boklocks and that he basically didn't think they could come up with any more decent questions between them

1 hour ago, CowMan said:

I just found Facebook depressing and so came on here for a change but honestly it’s worse. You’d feel suicidal if you were a normal person reading all constant depressing crying and wailing on here from most posters. 

It is better here, a couple of the members will at some point PM you offering no strings fun.................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manxst said:

I think I read that at one point Jersey was down to FOUR police officers. If that happened here, we’d be royally screwed. 

Their ambulance service was also badly hit. At one point they were so short staffed they were relying on volunteer help to make up the crews and couldn’t do normal ambulance things like administer drugs at the scene. Basically a taxi service for the ill and injured. Glad they’re getting it well under control again. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I always stay with it until Moulton has done his bit just to see if his questions can get any more idiotic (unfortunately  he is usually on last ). Excelled himself today and you could almost feel the contempt from the Chief Minister as he answered his questions, sent him away with a flea in his ear,and his tail between his legs.

When PM asked his first question, (and we all knew HQ and DA would just double-down on their previous explanations) all I could think was "wasted vaccines? WTF how about wasted questions Paul???"

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Strangely enough the only workmen I saw today who were working close together, but mostly not wearing masks were some DOI staff on the promenade, perhaps they have all had their vaccinations.

Lots working on new testing centre, most seemed masked up. Saw a couple of painters doing the outside of house, no mask but 3/4 m apart so all good.

19 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Strangely enough the only workmen I saw today who were working close together, but mostly not wearing masks were some DOI staff on the promenade, perhaps they have all had their vaccinations.

Yep, DOI workers had vaccinations a few weeks ago. Before the steam packet. Before emergency services. Before some elderly and vulnerable. 

• Sad 1

One of the minor irritations about these dreadful media events is that it means that the figures aren't released at the proper time because the Dynamic Duo have to give them out personally.  Indeed sometimes they never put them out on Twitter and Facebook in the normal way and you have to get them from the dashboard and hope a random reporter has picked up the info.

We've finally got the details of today's cases:

As at 6pm 3 March 2021 17 new cases of #COVID19 have been detected in the #IsleofMan.

Eight of the cases are close contacts of people in existing clusters who were already in self-isolation.

One of the cases was travel related and in isolation.

The eight remaining cases are currently unexplained with no immediate link to existing clusters.

All individuals are self-isolating along with members of their household and further tests will be offered. Contact tracing continues.

Which doesn't actually match what we were told before:

There are seventeen new cases of coronavirus as of the latest update, given by the health minister just now.

It means there are 70 active cases, three of which are in hospital.

14 of the cases have now caught the virus from an unknown source.

Looking at the number, I think what this really means is that there are 14 'unknown' cases in total: 8 from today, 3 yesterday, 1 Monday and 2 Saturday.

• Like 1