IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

If ever there was a busted flush it’s good old ‘Howie’ and ‘Ashy’. The pre-pubescents running Gef should be producing aprons and T-shirts with targets on them.

• Like 4

Has anyone on Manx Forums been contact traced yet, and could they let us know what they were asked etc.

Effective contact tracing is vital in our fight against yon virus. Perhaps one of the briefings, or even an explanation on the website on how we can help to provide accurate information, such as keeping till receipts and a simple diary. 

I also believe that there should be a demonstration on the correct use of masks. Half-heartedly using them in an ICBA manner is worse than no mask at all.

It's getting serious for everyone now.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I always stay with it until Moulton has done his bit just to see if his questions can get any more idiotic (unfortunately  he is usually on last ). Excelled himself today and you could almost feel the contempt from the Chief Minister as he answered his questions, sent him away with a flea in his ear,and his tail between his legs.

Moulton has went right down in my estimation... absolutely pathetic individual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, manxst said:

Yep, DOI workers had vaccinations a few weeks ago. Before the steam packet. Before emergency services. Before some elderly and vulnerable. 

Really? Seriously? Really seriously? What thinking could come to that prioritisation?

3 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Steam Packet staff testing? Only started when something went wrong. etc.

Yes. As with any accident it's likely avoidable with hindsight. Realistically it was only a matter of time.

But nobody set out to do this deliberately...and we should also remember to look after the mental health of all the people involved in this unfortunate chain of events, howsoever caused.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Can you catch it from being on the same forum as someone else? 

Well that is a good question.

We simply don't know.

Can you catch it by walking past some in the street? We were at one time told it had to be 15 minutes within a metre of an infected person?

Masks - they're essential and super dooper protection. Or masks - they're bollox.

The Kent variant was at first described by some prancer in the UK Government as being "incredibly transmissible". Well "incredibly transmissible" to me is walking down a street and every single person catches it - and let's face it, that is not "incredible". 

We need Dr Ewart or similar to provide some concrete medical advice, not stories about men sitting in pubs nursing pints and fires spreading under the heath. That stuff is obvious. I can read newspapers and watch the news on telly same as anyone else.

We need better information and strong advice backed up with evidence from data. They should have enough data by now. And if they haven't just say words to the effect of "We're fucked if we know" which I suppose to be fair is what we are getting now.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Well there is actually.

It's deluded to think some people will not miss appointments.  This is real life.  It happens.

Go and have a look at the board in Palatine Group Practice.  Each week is has the number of missed appointments. It happens.

Go and speak to any beauty therapist, chiropractor, hairdresser, optician, restaurant.  It happens.

What makes you think this would be any different?

That's a fair point, but if you miss any appointments with the above people ur probably not going too die. 

6 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Yes. As with any accident it's likely avoidable with hindsight. Realistically it was only a matter of time.

But nobody set out to do this deliberately...and we should also remember to look after the mental health of all the people involved in this unfortunate chain of events, howsoever caused.

Of course nobody set out to do this deliberately, but if some people had been doing their jobs properly, this wouldn't have happened. I'm sure the owners of Abbotswood didn't intend for the virus to run through their old folks home either, but they have been subject to police investigation. If, god forbid, somebody dies because of this current outbreak, there will be serious questions that will need to be answered by the SPCo management and IOMG.

• Like 4