IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

30 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Can you catch it from being on the same forum as someone else? 

Well, if the fire is still smoldering under the 'Spewin Juan' thread, that could flare up at any time?

So, yes, it could be possible?

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

Of course nobody set out to do this deliberately, but if some people had been doing their jobs properly, this wouldn't have happened. I'm sure the owners of Abbotswood didn't intend for the virus to run through their old folks home either, but they have been subject to police investigation. If, god forbid, somebody dies because of this current outbreak, there will be serious questions that will need to be answered by the SPCo management and IOMG.

An investigation that is still dragging out and they're trying to clutch at any possible straw to find a case.

But naturally they dare not make an issue when it's a Gov owned entity.

I asked Mr Hooper this question on Twit earlier and nobody seems to know the answer: If IOMGov believed that IOMSPCo staff were subject to direction notices, why at no point did the COVID Police conduct checks in 12 months to make sure they were at home?

• Like 1

Everyone who attended an event at the Hydro Hotel last month is required to isolate for three weeks.

Gef has tonight seen an email which says that two people who attended ‘The Long Tall Shankies, Manavia and Dusty Plankton’ show on Feb 26 have since tested positive for Covid-19.

An email from the Covid Response Team says: ‘Unfortunately two people at the event have tested positive for Covid-19 and, due to the circumstances, everyone who attended the event and everyone in their household is required to isolate immediately for a period of 21 days. It is possible to reduce the period to 14 days on the return of two negative test results.’

People who attended the event are required to send their phone number to contacttraing@gov.im so the Covid team can contact them to arrange tests.

The email added: ‘If you or anyone in your household is currently showing any symptoms of Covid-19 (temperature above 38.7c, loss of taste or smell, persistent cough or shortness of breath) then please make a note of the symptoms and when they started.’

4 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Go and speak to any beauty therapist, chiropractor, hairdresser, optician, restaurant.  It happens.

Seems rather unfair lumping beauty therapists, hairdressers, opticians and restaurateurs in with people who believe in the pseudosciences.

Chiropractic sits alongside homeopathy, astrology, reiki, mind reading,  etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manxst said:

Plus as someone mentioned earlier, the vaccination place in Douglas was closed. For whatever reason. If ALL adults are vaccinated by end of May as per the briefing today, I’ll be amazed.

I could be wrong but I believe the vaccination process is only up and running 3 days a week

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Everyone who attended an event at the Hydro Hotel last month is required to isolate for three weeks.

Gef has tonight seen an email which says that two people who attended ‘The Long Tall Shankies, Manavia and Dusty Plankton’ show on Feb 26 have since tested positive for Covid-19.

An email from the Covid Response Team says: ‘Unfortunately two people at the event have tested positive for Covid-19 and, due to the circumstances, everyone who attended the event and everyone in their household is required to isolate immediately for a period of 21 days. It is possible to reduce the period to 14 days on the return of two negative test results.’

People who attended the event are required to send their phone number to contacttraing@gov.im so the Covid team can contact them to arrange tests.

The email added: ‘If you or anyone in your household is currently showing any symptoms of Covid-19 (temperature above 38.7c, loss of taste or smell, persistent cough or shortness of breath) then please make a note of the symptoms and when they started.’

If people were there, feel fine, and cant afford another two weeks off work unpaid theybarent going to bother though are they.

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

If people were there, feel fine, and cant afford another two weeks off work unpaid theybarent going to bother though are they.

This is where I hold issue with the whole 'please get in touch'. They should have systems of already having this information in conjunction with hospitality.

Just now, jaymann said:

This is where I hold issue with the whole 'please get in touch'. They should have systems of already having this information in conjunction with hospitality.

as if,   they can't even tell where SPCO crew go.

Just now, jaymann said:

What do you propose? The anonymous and voluntary tracking idea you have previously suggested would not achieve that either.