IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, jaymann said:

Actually something much simpler.

Dream Bird and Little Fish have been - for many months - collecting name and number for a person in each party visiting.

If Gov had a system that recorded this straight in to a central database accessible by 111 showing who was in the venue at a given time..  we'd squash these so much quicker.

Fair enough. Would you do that in every shop and every home etc?

8 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

The vaccine waste story seems another red herring. 15 is no big deal. Seemed like a planted social media outrage with planned retort from howie  to me. Lets hooper seem like a bit maverick whilst really effecting nothing. There were far more important things he could have asked. 

Well observed.

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I missed the two bits of fake news on social media that were derided by Donald Quayle or Howard Trump today.  What were they?

Hard to tell

The Hydro are saying they had positive case from an event and the Bridge Inn Laxey are saying they had two positive cases in on Saturday night. Fake news, or just getting the word out before the government? 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

Fair enough. Would you do that in every shop and every home etc?

I'd say anywhere that poses a higher righ which is events and hospitality. These are the venues you're more likely to be in contact with someone for over the 15 minutes 111 care about.

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

It is better here, a couple of the members will at some point PM you offering no strings fun.................

That’s a worrying prospect. But likely only if you promise to wear three masks, stay at least a safe 2M away, and that they can shout in your ear that you’re going to die a slow awful covid death at the same time. A sort of Covid Catholicism; forgive me Father for I have sinned. I went to the pub on Saturday when it was only advisory that I didn’t and it hadn’t been enshrined in law. But I went anyway as I’m a filthy heathen who now needs to be punished. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Hard to tell

The Hydro are saying they had positive case from an event and the Bridge Inn Laxey are saying they had two positive cases in on Saturday night. Fake news, or just getting the word out before the government? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't think the Bridge would be making it up.  They are already getting lynched for being open.

The pubs post earlier today about how they sold out of everything last night (afternoon the announcement, and when most places closed) probably isn't great PR either.

Just nosing on Twitter using Isle of Man as a search and stumbled across a few tweets from a man called Gerald Robin who seemed to be annoyed due to not being allowed to fly here due to border restrictions. It would seem the airports/airlines are refusing him flights to get here. Have border controls here become far stricter now? It would seem he was coming here for work after being 'sponsored' by a Manx resident. 

53 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

If people were there, feel fine, and cant afford another two weeks off work unpaid theybarent going to bother though are they.

They went to see The Long Tall Shankies, Manavia and Dusty Plankton and they may have got COVID-19 on top and have to self isolate for three weeks. Jesus that’s just taking an incredibly bad night and turning it into hell. 

Edited by CowMan
Typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I don’t think so either. Surprised how long it takes government to get word of new locations out. I know everyone should now be isolating anyway, but does Eve take it seriously?

Meant to say suppose. Someone could phone them maliciously and claim they were there and infected  

ETA FFS, that was meant to be an edit and not a quote. 

Edited by The Old Git

9 minutes ago, Manxas said:

Just nosing on Twitter using Isle of Man as a search and stumbled across a few tweets from a man called Gerald Robin who seemed to be annoyed due to not being allowed to fly here due to border restrictions. It would seem the airports/airlines are refusing him flights to get here. Have border controls here become far stricter now? It would seem he was coming here for work after being 'sponsored' by a Manx resident. 

Something to do with the living hope twats that.

edit - possibly

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1