IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Pipsqueak said:

as if,   they can't even tell where SPCO crew go.

Henrietta did stress that our contact tracers are highly skilled.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s fact, I posted the news story from Gef earlier 

Well It was from a good source this morning, so I had no reason to disbelieve.

9 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

.....Facebook

Unfortunately I’ve been contacted by someone who attended the gig I put on at the hydro on the 26th feb, saying they have tested positive for Covid-19. So with that being the case I’m asking everyone who turned up that night to self isolate and to book a test. This for their own good and for the good of the community. Stay safe peeps !
EDIT: no need to book a test or to take any further steps if you do not have any symptoms

20 comments
103 shares

So contact tracing would’ve known from this morning, I think the delay in posting locations is somewhat understandable because the proverbial hit the fan rather quickly, I expect people will be getting redeployed ASAP to the contact tracing team as they were last time round.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Quite so. A  wastage of 0.15% doesn't sound too bad either. However, when that equates to 250 or so, doesn't sound too good?

Careful of %s and numbers?

But as I was pointing out, only as a one off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

Quite so. A  wastage of 0.15% doesn't sound too bad either. However, when that equates to 250 or so, doesn't sound too good?

Good point. But there was huff and bluster about the rest of DA's answer that wasn't reported on social media.  When PM asked wouldn't it be a good idea to tighten up on communication and have someone from gov engaging on social media and broaden questions at the briefings as the questions from the press were questions from the public, he was dismissed by a very tetchy CM.

As I have said before, open, honest and friendly communication would go a long way.  Is there anyone in gov who has those qualities? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It’s a wastage of 0.15% which sounds pretty good when you compare it to the norm.

Did you listen to the briefing this afternoon when this was explained, or did you not understand it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

See, I was going to take that apart, but as I'm blocked from fact checking you everywhere I can't. You published the claim on your blog, got torn apart everywhere and changed it. There is an edit on the blog claiming changing spelling or something but we all know the truth.

You've some fucking cheek calling me a liar you absolute wanker, and when I next see you I'll tell it to your fucking face.

Thriller in the Villa 2022

Teapot V Josem

• Like 1

To add, 'the people' are not the enemy here, (there is only one enemy) the majority would be right behind IOMG if they felt IOMG didn't treat them dismissively as childish distractions to be fed any guff to make them behave and shut up.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That does seem to be the problem with Govts position. The PRs and briefings do portray everything other than the cov + figures as ''Aren't we doing well''!!!

Cynics will always find a problem with that sort of presentation?

Edited by Kopek

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Good point. But there was huff and bluster about the rest of DA's answer that wasn't reported on social media.  When PM asked wouldn't it be a good idea to tighten up on communication and have someone from gov engaging on social media and broaden questions at the briefings as the questions from the press were questions from the public, he was dismissed by a very tetchy CM.

As I have said before, open, honest and friendly communication would go a long way.  Is there anyone in gov who has those qualities? 

Whatever you want to criticize the IOM Government for you can’t criticize it for open and honest, or lack of communication. Five briefings in five days, with media questions if I’m correct.
As regards friendly communication, when faced with the likes of an aggressive Moulton and to a lesser extent Glover, the CM does well to keep his temper in check. Not sure I could.

• Haha 5