IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I still don’t understand why it’s only certain year groups isolating, do year 7s not get on the same buses, use the same toilets/canteen or have the same teachers as others year groups? 

Someone sitting on the front seat of the bus for five minutes with a positive case on the back seat of the bus is at zero risk.

Plenty of cases where people have shared beds and not contracted it.

We can't just isolate the whole island.

Its everywhere now, this is going to get nasty and they should have jumped on it about 10 days ago but didn't.

Now we are all stuffed.

300 cases by the weekend I reckon

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Someone sitting on the front seat of the bus for five minutes with a positive case on the back seat of the bus is at zero risk.

Its everywhere now, this is going to get nasty and they should have jumped on it about 10 days ago but didn't.

Now we are all stuffed.

Surely kids mingling on the bus, especially when getting on and off, would cause vapor clouds and trails that spread through the whole space? 

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Surely kids mingling on the bus, especially when getting on and off, would cause vapor clouds and trails that spread through the whole space? 

In which case pretty much everyone on the planet would have been infected several times now.

When this first kicked off a very one contact of mine tested positive.  Think hours a day sat next to each other, sharing a van, working in confined spaces.

Neither me or his wife picked it up (that we are aware of)

My nephew in the UK tested positive.  His wife and kids didn't.  They shared a car, and he and his wife shared a bed.

Sharing a bus with someone (loads of busses to qe2, and loads of kids walk) isn't  a big deal.

Obviously an app would tell us who was at high risk and who wasn't.  We don't have one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

In which case pretty much everyone on the planet would have been infected several times now.

When this first kicked off a very one contact of mine tested positive.  Think hours a day sat next to each other, sharing a van, working in confined spaces.

Neither me or his wife picked it up (that we are aware of)

My nephew in the UK tested positive.  His wife and kids didn't.  They shared a car, and he and his wife shared a bed.

Sharing a bus with someone (loads of busses to qe2, and loads of kids walk) isn't  a big deal.

Obviously an app would tell us who was at high risk and who wasn't.  We don't have one

The Kent variant is more transmissable apparently.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Now we are all stuffed.

Well the key was originally not to overload the health service, it’s a bloody good job all front line staff have been vaccinated because this situation is looking absolutely dire, hopefully all 111 staff are considered essential/frontline for exactly this situation.

Still no update on low risk/high risk locations, last location was 26th Feb. I wonder what the waiting time for tests is at the moment? 

Edited by Annoymouse

48 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

School buses are the only buses which are absolutely full, on a winters day you can literally see the condensation on the inside of windows. It was a hypothetical question but if there was a positive case on a crammed bus, I would genuinely be amazed if not one other person picks up the virus, kids are known for spreading coughs/colds at the best of times.

• Like 3

Two people in The Bridge Inn in Laxey on Saturday night (27 February) have tested positive for Covid-19.

In a post on social media the owners say they've been contacted by the Island's contact tracing team.

The establishment urges anyone who was in the premises between 8pm on Saturday to 1am Sunday (28 February) to call 111 if they develop any coronavirus symptoms.

- Well, there's a surprise.

• Like 1

GOVERNMENT NEWS RELEASE
03 March 2021
Year 7 pupils at QEII High School and their households must self-isolate
Following two Year 7 pupils at QEII High School testing positive for COVID-19, all Year 7 pupils who attend the school and everyone they live with must self-isolate with immediate effect.
Unless anyone affected has COVID symptoms, there is no need to contact the COVID-111 service at this stage. Instead households should self-isolate and await further instruction.