IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, Apple said:

So we have wasted around 200 doses so far, is that right ? When did we start vaccinating ? 

One vaccinator could do 100 an 8 hour shift in my book.

No one cares about your book.

You're not there vaccinating people.  You know , in the real world.

The meltdown over a few vaccines being unused is genuinely scary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newbie said:

I don't know that they give the overall figures, but the worst week so far they wasted 15. David Ashford quoted 0.15% wastage which would mean they have wasted about 35 so far. If that rate continues it means they will waste around 200 - 210 during the whole programme (i.e. out of around 140,000 doses). That seems pretty good to me

Genuine waste = yes.  But to waste because they 'couldn't find volunteers' is irresponsible.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

47 phone calls totalling over 9 hours on hold from this house so far to try and book a vaccine.

It rings for nearly a minute before you even get the automated message lols.

Everyone trying to book says it’s a nightmare, my brother had to call for our dad as he couldn’t take the stress of holding on & getting cut off continuously.

The excuse for not having an online system is ridiculous 

Edited by Banker
Typo

21 minutes ago, daisy said:

Genuine waste = yes.  But to waste because they 'couldn't find volunteers' is irresponsible.

They haven't said what the exact causes for the waste is, but there are bound to be a variety of reasons for vaccine getting wasted.

As far as finding volunteers, it surely depends on the exact circumstances at the time. If someone has the last appointment of the day and doesn't show up, it would be very difficult for the vaccinators to fill that slot. The fact remains that the wastage rate is minimal and we should really be viewing that as evidence of how efficient the process is (appointment booking aside!!)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Newbie said:

They haven't said what the exact causes for the waste is, but there are bound to be a variety of reasons for vaccine getting wasted.

As far as finding volunteers, it surely depends on the exact circumstances at the time. If someone has the last appointment of the day and doesn't show up, it would be very difficult for the vaccinators to fill that slot. The fact remains that the wastage rate is minimal and we should really be viewing that as evidence of how efficient the process is (appointment booking aside!!)

37 minutes ago, Apple said:

Thanks for posting. I know one or two but haven't some have switched roles recently. 

I wonder if Theresa Cope is on it now ?

There was also a Parliamentary Committee review of the arrangements

too https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/sittings/20182021/2020-PP-0118.pdf

Page 6 sets out the various groups. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

1 wasted is too much. The butterfly effect of wasting vaccines may not affect us so much...but will affect some poor sod in another country later this year/next year.

why. we have lots of it in the fridge and its not holding up the programme

6 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

1 wasted is too much. The butterfly effect of wasting vaccines may not affect us so much...but will affect some poor sod in another country later this year/next year.

Nothing is perfect, you might have a dodgy needle, a slip of the hand, heck you have to bin a vial if it isn't the right sort of cloudy.

You can't use the dregs of the vial with the dregs of another either, you have to bin that too, even if it's just under the dose and you could top it up.

The other way around, it means we're getting 99.85% of it right.

• Like 5