IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Seriously? Because it means any wasted have to be redone on the production line - and there are 6.5 billion people to go.

I don't condone wastage and I agree with your point. But some is inevitable and it seems the amount is negligible. Did you listen to the briefing. There is going to be too much vaccine soon and the hold up will be administering it not availability. 

I was just saying its old news already

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Nothing is perfect, you might have a dodgy needle, a slip of the hand, heck you have to bin a vial if it isn't the right sort of cloudy.

You can't use the dregs of the vial with the dregs of another either, you have to bin that too, even if it's just under the dose and you could top it up.

The other way around, it means we're getting 99.85% of it right.

Agree there are some things out of our control.

But simply making sure enough people are lined up on the day is not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

I don't condone wastage and I agree with your point. But some is inevitable and it seems the amount is negligible. Did you listen to the briefing. There is going to be too much vaccine soon and the hold up will be administering it not availability. 

I was just saying its old news already

You need to perhaps re-read the original post you commented on. It referred to the impact also on RoW, not just here.

1 minute ago, Banker said:

We also awaiting the publication of the advice from the COVID advisory committee which Ashie is supposed to publish this month after successfully delaying it for 2 months for some reason 

Got a link? I've not heard of this Committee. 

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

Agree there are some things out of our control.

But simply making sure enough people are lined up on the day is not.

It was 15 in a week when 3500 injections were given. This is Hooper "karening" and nothing more.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Banker said:

Everyone trying to book says it’s a nightmare, my brother had to call for our dad as he couldn’t take the stress of holding on & getting cut off continuously.

The excuse for not having an online system is ridiculous 

This is really disappointing, but entirely predictable. 

Back in December (I'm not going to try to find it) I anticipated that if they created a process that relied on letters, forms, phone calls and post-it notes, it would not be scaleable and would eventually fall over completely.

It seems that, just as we need to get more jabs in arms urgently, and there is a realisation in DHSC that they need to make this happen, we reach that moment of collapse. 

They have had months and months to get an online system in place, but all DA can say is 'we're looking at it'. 

Edited by Nellie
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nellie said:

This is really disappointing, but entirely predictable. 

Back in December (I'm not going to try to find it) I anticipated that if they created a process that relied on letters, forms, phone calls and post-it notes, it would not be scaleable and would eventually fall over completely.

It seems that, just as we need to get more jabs in arms urgently, and there is a realisation in DHSC taht they need to make this happen, we reach that moment of collapse. 

They have had months and months to get an online system in place, but all DA can say is 'we're looking at it'. 

It would help if they had - at the very least - two different phone numbers for calling about testing and calling for a vaccine. There should also be an online option for those so inclined. 

Ashford discounted an online facility yesterday, effectively claiming the current vaccination demographic are too feeble to use a computer or smartphone. 

He also claimed having a combined testing and vaccination phone line was efficient. Clearly it is NOT.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Booking a COVID vaccine in the advanced country that is the Isle of Man - Day 3.

After being on hold for what seems like ever (67 minutes) with no useful feedback other than "your call will be answered shortly" you finally get told you are number 30 in the queue.

Then, as you get excited at the prospect of finally getting to talk to someone after three days of trying, you being to imagine what you can do now you at least have some indication how much longer you have to wait.

Should you make a brew or go for a poo?

Should you risk moving into the garden and losing signal?

Should you wonder how many business related calls you have missed while the phone has been pointlessly tied up for something you should have been able to do online?

Should you just write the website for them while you are waiting?

Your mind wanders and you begin to imagine a world where the vaccination lines might be manned by people who weren't also trying to answer every other covid related query, especially on a day when they have told hundreds of people to isolate.

You wonder what would happen in a world where staff from other government departments had been sent home and modern communications meant call centres could quickly and easily be ramped up to multiple locations to cope with high demand?

What, just imagine what, if they worked longer hours?

Then, just as you begin to get lost in a world of whatifs something happens.  There is a noise on the other end of the phone.

Maybe. Possibly. Surely they haven't..............

But wait, they have, its almost too much for your tiny brainwashed mind to comprehend.  FInally in the midst of such a crisis and with over a year to plan for such eventualities our mighty government are about to prove their worth.

Sure enough, after all that waiting and all that pondering, they have cut you off.

Stay tuned for another exciting installment .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Should you make a brew or go for a poo?

Are you really Rob Callister and can I claim £5 ?

Edited by Apple
remove an S

10 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Booking a COVID vaccine in the advanced country that is the Isle of Man - Day 3.

After being on hold for what seems like ever (67 minutes) with no useful feedback other than "your call will be answered shortly" you finally get told you are number 30 in the queue....

Switchboard GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1