IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Should you make a brew or go for a poo?

Always choose the poo. It could get messy otherwise. 

Seriously, it sounds a nightmare. Is it just open 9am to 5pm? I used to struggle to book blood tests and then my wife told me that out of hours Nobles switchboard had the blood clinic diary, so I’d phone at 3am of whenever I needed to get up in the night (see above) and get straight through. 

• Like 2

I am hearing that Emergency Powers are coming back and the figures are still rising. I really hope that is not the case but before I get accused of being depressing can anyone else confirm or deny. ?

3 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Always choose the poo. It could get messy otherwise. 

Seriously, it sounds a nightmare. Is it just open 9am to 5pm? I used to struggle to book blood tests and then my wife told me that out of hours Nobles switchboard had the blood clinic diary, so I’d phone at 3am of whenever I needed to get up in the night (see above) and get straight through. 

08:00 to 18:00 I think.

Needs sorting urgently.

These posts aren't an exaggeration.  Three days she has been tryng and either gets cut off or has to hang up to do something else.

1 minute ago, Apple said:

I am hearing that Emergency Powers are coming back and the figures are still rising. I really hope that is not the case but before I get accused of being depressing can anyone else confirm or deny. ?

Can't confirm or deny but given they had cases over the last couple of weeks and all the pubs etc were heaving and the kids were at school I think most people expect figures to rocket over the next week.

At least noone being able to book a test should be one way to keep the figures down.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I’d argue there are two separate issues at play. 

The original source of the outbreak should have no bearing on the mitigation of it. You act based on the spread of it. I’d agree that there was a lot of feeling things were moving too slowly. 

With regards to the Steam Packet, we’d had no problems even when it was at 50k cases a day in the UK. Steam Packet staff are now vaccinated and tested regularly, so this shouldn’t happen again. It’s just unfortunate this is what it took to get to that point. 

Are you sure IOMSPCo have all been vaccinated. When I checked the dashboard yesterday only 1 was listed in the 'X transport' cohort as being vaccinated with one 2nd dose due. I haven't checked the dashboard today.

9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Laxey is revolting.

There's a war breaking out. All highly avoidable of course if information was clear.

It's centring around the customers and staff who were in the Bridge on Saturday night - the Bridge and the Queens, for reasons best known to themselves stayed open on Saturday night and two people from the Bridge have tested positive.

111 has given the advice to all that there is no need to isolate and only ring for a test if symptoms develop.  The quote from them was, "You are free to go about your daily business within the confines of the current lockdown".

That news caused some consternation about asymptomatic customers going shopping etc.

Now, Manx Radio have put out a statement saying all Bridge customers from Saturday night should immediately isolate. No one knows where this has come from and many are quoting 111 as 'the experts' and they don't have to isolate or have a test while others are insisting that they do.

The hope is of course that common sense would prevail - but then that is why we have directives - to cover the lowest common denominator. In this case no one has a clue.

Meanwhile, Roxanne is staying home for the foreseeable.

With clarity of communication and cogency like that Roxanne should be heading up government's communication team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Laxey is revolting.

There's a war breaking out. All highly avoidable of course if information was clear.

It's centring around the customers and staff who were in the Bridge on Saturday night - the Bridge and the Queens, for reasons best known to themselves stayed open on Saturday night and two people from the Bridge have tested positive.

You can, from an economic perspective, understand why the pubs in question stayed open, ignoring the potential outcome. Things could've been a storm in a teacup, and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Equally, Ramsey pubs announced they had all agreed amongst themselves to shut as advised.

32 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

08:00 to 18:00 I think.

Needs sorting urgently.

These posts aren't an exaggeration.  Three days she has been tryng and either gets cut off or has to hang up to do something else.

I know someone who called this morning.  A little bit of a wait but got through.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Bollox. It is the application of commonsense, something very much in short supply within government organisational circles.

And it's not just 15...the 15 figure was one week in February.

Albert. There are five shots in a vial of Pfizer. They have been getting six out of most. A few wasted is nothing compared to the extra jabs that have been given. 

• Like 3