IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

This made me laugh for a variety of reasons - one was that I made a rare comment on Facebook last week and was told by a number of people that I should be CM. :)

(I shouldn't)

I can certainly tell that you aren't the current one.

19 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Laxey is revolting.

There's a war breaking out. All highly avoidable of course if information was clear.

It's centring around the customers and staff who were in the Bridge on Saturday night - the Bridge and the Queens, for reasons best known to themselves stayed open on Saturday night and two people from the Bridge have tested positive.

111 has given the advice to all that there is no need to isolate and only ring for a test if symptoms develop.  The quote from them was, "You are free to go about your daily business within the confines of the current lockdown".

That news caused some consternation about asymptomatic customers going shopping etc.

Now, Manx Radio have put out a statement saying all Bridge customers from Saturday night should immediately isolate. No one knows where this has come from and many are quoting 111 as 'the experts' and they don't have to isolate or have a test while others are insisting that they do.

The hope is of course that common sense would prevail - but then that is why we have directives - to cover the lowest common denominator. In this case no one has a clue.

Meanwhile, Roxanne is staying home for the foreseeable.

No the Queens closed at 4pm when they heard news, it was posted on Facebook this morning by someone praising them, assume they all went to Bridge who posted he was staying open !!

19 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Laxey is revolting.

There's a war breaking out. All highly avoidable of course if information was clear.

It's centring around the customers and staff who were in the Bridge on Saturday night - the Bridge and the Queens, for reasons best known to themselves stayed open on Saturday night and two people from the Bridge have tested positive.

111 has given the advice to all that there is no need to isolate and only ring for a test if symptoms develop.  The quote from them was, "You are free to go about your daily business within the confines of the current lockdown".

That news caused some consternation about asymptomatic customers going shopping etc.

Now, Manx Radio have put out a statement saying all Bridge customers from Saturday night should immediately isolate. No one knows where this has come from and many are quoting 111 as 'the experts' and they don't have to isolate or have a test while others are insisting that they do.

The hope is of course that common sense would prevail - but then that is why we have directives - to cover the lowest common denominator. In this case no one has a clue.

As you should be.  As we all should be.

As far as I can see the biggest challenge at the moment is getting people (everyone) to simply stay in unless it is critical to be out.

A teacher emailed Manx Radio saying how alarmingly busy hub schools were yesterday.  Why?   How many key workers do we really have?

Everyone should really be "isolating" at the moment anyway.

4 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I know someone who called this morning.  A little bit of a wait but got through.

Good for them.

Manninline and Facebook full of people who have been trying for days and keep getting cut off or an engaged tone.

Only first hand experience I have is watching Mrs Turd try and get through for the last 3 days.

Turns out when you do get through having received your letter, its only to register your interest and someone then calls you back in a few days to make the actual appointment.

You couldn't make up a more government system with more steps if you tried.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

As you should be.  As we all should be.

As far as I can see the biggest challenge at the moment is getting people (everyone) to simply stay in unless it is critical to be out.

A teacher emailed Manx Radio saying how alarmingly busy hub schools were yesterday.  Why?   How many key workers do we really have?

Everyone should really be "isolating" at the moment anyway.

Well we vaccinated something like 3500 front line health workers so there’s a start, probably another 1000 /1500supermarket, police etc workers so a lot.

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Economic yes, common sense, no. I believe the Queens said they would stay open on Saturday until the barrel ran out. The Mines closed Saturday night but opened on Sunday.

When the announcement was made on Saturday afternoon the village was empty. Most knew lockdown was coming. I would have hoped commercial establishments could have made a more community based decision.

Anyway - opinions aside - even that goes to show that clear and concise and thorough announcements should be made - not whiffle waffle and now Manx Radio joining the throng. Is this the social media updates HQ was referring to or just those by PM?

The odd establishment staying open on Saturday night (when it was perfectly legal to do so) is insignificant compared with the hoards of people out on Sunday and probably Monday having been given the green light to do so by the Government at the Sunday briefing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Apple said:

I am hearing that Emergency Powers are coming back and the figures are still rising. I really hope that is not the case but before I get accused of being depressing can anyone else confirm or deny. ?

Well it’s impossible to confirm or deny anything until it’s actually made official, until that time it’s just rumours the same as anything else.

As for the figures rising that is a safe bet, HQ himself said it’s to be expected this week, how high those actual numbers are anyone’s guess.

47 minutes ago, Apple said:

I am hearing that Emergency Powers are coming back and the figures are still rising. I really hope that is not the case but before I get accused of being depressing can anyone else confirm or deny. ?

Not sure why they would be it's all done under public health regulations and direction notices. 

28 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I wandered past the Bridge last week, although not on Saturday, and I have never seen it so rammed. I gazed wistfully through the window and kept walking. For some reason it reminded me of a Lowry painting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well we vaccinated something like 3500 front line health workers so there’s a start, probably another 1000 /1500supermarket, police etc workers so a lot.

Substitute DOI road workers for police. Emergency services haven’t been vaccinated and are some way down the line yet apparently. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Laxey is revolting.

The issue seems to be that the contract tracing team is separate from the main 111 number and the contract tracing team have not passed on the advice to 111 in a timely manner. Another problem is the Govt using and refering to 111 for everything pandemic related. They really need to separate the booking of vaccinations from 111, set up a 222 number for contact tracing and keep 111 purely for sick people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Most are relatively young and fit so that makes sense.

Yes, in that they probably won’t be seriously ill/die. However, as I’ve posted before, they’ll still have to have several weeks or more off work as a result, so depriving the Islands community of some of THE most important key workers. Therefore it doesn’t make sense at all.

Edited by manxst
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Good for them.

Manninline and Facebook full of people who have been trying for days and keep getting cut off or an engaged tone.

Only first hand experience I have is watching Mrs Turd try and get through for the last 3 days.

Turns out when you do get through having received your letter, its only to register your interest and someone then calls you back in a few days to make the actual appointment.

You couldn't make up a more government system with more steps if you tried.

Its hard to comprehend how convulted they've made the process. My wife got a letter last week, rang up (got through straight away as it was before the sh*tshow happened) and was then told she'd be called back by someone to make the appointment, why they couldn't do it then who knows. 10 days later still no call back so she'll have to spend all day tomorrow on the phone to 111 trying to get through, no doubt to be told someone will call her back...