IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I can echo what everyone is saying re booking vaccine. Phone line is confusing to say the least with long silences and then a beep every second or so and then music pipes in and if your lucky you get a pre recorded message for a short time , rinse repeat . Spent 40 mins trying this morning . Given up tbh and will try later at weekend or so. Cant believe they can be so incompetent to not have addressed this . There has to be Government staff available to man more lines and the need to streamline the system is glaring obvious . Having to ring then wait for a call back when there snowed under is nonsense. Should be relatively easy to miss out the call back for most callers I would have said . Yes I'm sure with some people its a bit of a issue but most , especially as the age range is reducing , it should be totally feasable to when you get through to be booked in . One thing is sure it needs sorted as a matter of urgency or the vaccine programme is going to grind to a halt     

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I find that very difficult to believe but would not be shocked. I am sure we can find out if its true or not.

At least there can’t be any excuses not to do work during lockdown, perfect time with the roads being quiet, plus massive cost savings on sickness/absence which ultimately comes out of the public purse.

The vaccination booking service is an administrative function. It should be separate from the Covid 111 service.

As this outbreak accelerates, the 111 service will become increasingly overwhelmed. All of this at a time when we are expecting the vaccine rollout to ramp up with bumper deliveries. Far from protecting the vaccine rollout, it is being jeopardised .

FFS separate the two functions and give the vaccine booking service a dedicated local phone number. It REALLY can't be too hard to do that!.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I can echo what everyone is saying re booking vaccine. Phone line is confusing to see the least with long silences and then a beep every second or so and then music pipes in and if your lucky you get a pre recorded message for a short time , rinse repeat . Spent 40 mins trying this morning . Given up tbh and will try later at weekend or so. Cant believe they can be so incompetent to not have addressed this . There has to be Government staff available to man more lines and the need to streamline the system is glaring obvious . Having to ring then wait for a call back when there snowed under is nonsense. Should be relatively easy to miss out the call back for most callers I would have said . Yes I'm sure with some people its a bit of a issue but most , especially as the age range is reducing , it should be totally feasable to when you get through to be booked in . One thing is sure it needs sorted as a matter of urgency or the vaccine programme is going to grind to a halt     

It was bad enough trying to get through before the shit hit the fan, we tried over 3 days. We were on hold with no queuing system mentioned, I don’t mind if it tells you how far you are in the queue but without that you’ve got no idea if it’s going to be 5 mins or half an hour, however this is when they were having trouble with the phone lines though and when we did get through the operator couldn’t understand us properly due to it being a bad line, had to shout just to be heard and speak really slowly.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

The vaccination booking service is an administrative function. It should be separate from the Covid 111 service.

As this outbreak accelerates, the 111 service will become increasingly overwhelmed. All of this at a time when we are expecting the vaccine rollout to ramp up with bumper deliveries. Far from protecting the vaccine rollout, it is being jeaporsised.

FFS separate the two functions and give the vaccine booking service a dedicated local phone number. It REALLY can't be too hard to do that!.

It's obvious to all but CoMin who seem to keep doubling down on their mistakes rather admitting them and getting them fixed.

• Like 6

I've been past the local building site today, loads of blokes working on a structure outdoors, no social distancing and no masks. My dustbin men came this morning, no social distancing and no masks. Are we to suppose none of these guys go home to their families ?

10 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

As this outbreak accelerates, the 111 service will become increasingly overwhelmed. All of this at a time when we are expecting the vaccine rollout to ramp up with bumper deliveries. Far from protecting the vaccine rollout, it is being jeopardised .

An unlimited budget and they still screw it up.

All the wrong people in charge.

• Like 2