IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

20 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I can echo what everyone is saying re booking vaccine. Phone line is confusing to see the least with long silences and then a beep every second or so and then music pipes in and if your lucky you get a pre recorded message for a short time , rinse repeat . Spent 40 mins trying this morning . Given up tbh and will try later at weekend or so. Cant believe they can be so incompetent to not have addressed this . There has to be Government staff available to man more lines and the need to streamline the system is glaring obvious . Having to ring then wait for a call back when there snowed under is nonsense. Should be relatively easy to miss out the call back for most callers I would have said . Yes I'm sure with some people its a bit of a issue but most , especially as the age range is reducing , it should be totally feasable to when you get through to be booked in . One thing is sure it needs sorted as a matter of urgency or the vaccine programme is going to grind to a halt     

As Amazon open a food store in UK without tills, the IOM have one of most archaic systems for booking vaccinations!!

If it was online it would free up more staff for contact tracing. Yes there’s loads of government staff sitting at home who could help, two around here jet washing patio on full government pay!!

16 minutes ago, wrighty said:

The odd establishment staying open on Saturday night (when it was perfectly legal to do so) is insignificant compared with the hoards of people out on Sunday and probably Monday having been given the green light to do so by the Government at the Sunday briefing.

Measures should have been in place weeks ago. Before this became an issue. By Sunday - Monday it would have been too late. And the virus doesn't care whether the source of infection is known.

That said - you've got a vocal mob constantly opposing sensible controls to various degrees - often for short term and / or bogus economic reasons.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, asitis said:

I've been past the local building site today, loads of blokes working on a structure outdoors, no social distancing and no masks. My dustbin men came this morning, no social distancing and no masks. Are we to suppose none of these guys go home to their families ?

Mask are only advisable going on governmemt press briefings ...yes I know !! Clearly particularly as this has spread it needs to be mandatory .

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Just a question , where is the Civil defence in all this. Are they involved in manning phone lines and if not why not ? 

Last two lockdowns they just redeployed government workers, a huge amount last time were actually DOI staff, if they have been vaccinated and are now able to carry on in their normal job roles then I fully expect they will have a contingency plan in place.

Just now, pongo said:

Not very smart or useful spreading rumours like that @jaymann . What does it achieve?

Best to engage brain, no? Given the sensitivity and potential impact of a rumour like that.

If I'm not mistaken, was a GP practice not already identified as an at-risk location by the Gov?

I can't say that it's related, because I don't know. But if those figures are proven to be fact, it shows just how rapidly this situation can escalate when we live in our 'COVID free' bubble of normality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

Not very smart or useful spreading rumours like that @jaymann . What does it achieve?

Best to engage brain, no? Given the sensitivity and potential impact of a rumour like that.

Right or wrong to spread the rumours, jaymann is usually the one that's on the money.

Equally, despite their previous correctness, I really hope jay is wrong this time round.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Last two lockdowns they just redeployed government workers, a huge amount last time were actually DOI staff, if they have been vaccinated and are now able to carry on in their normal job roles then I fully expect they will have a contingency plan in place.

Thanks for that , but clearly the contigency plan , if in place isnt working as you just cant get through to book vaccine. Another 30 minutes of my life wasted trying . Going to leave it now and wait to hear from my esteemed leaders as to what they have done to sort the proplem out. Clearly enough lines it would seem , just need people answering them.