IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Anyone said:

But the issue is not holiday travel. Its business travel. We’re told by the Starship Enterprise that people and business are queuing up to relocate but they can’t because they can’t come and do the research.

Relocating or setting up here is a longer term thing. I doubt it will be significantly affected by short term travel restrictions.

Business travel, for the most part, tends to apply to old fashioned business models. This obviously isn't a good place to be based if you still need to shake hands (or bump elbows) every day.

But it's a fine place to be based if you are, for example, mostly online and / or your team is dispersed. 

Edited by pongo

2 hours ago, Black Mirror said:

These are Covid-19 fatalities for Jersey. I haven’t seen comparable statistics for the Isle for Man. I guess they will be similar though. Note that there has been only one death among the under 60s.

1934904710_Screenshotfrom2020-07-2614-17-33.thumb.jpg.331d54207b8216cc4de5f092aa7b5be4.jpg

I think those statistics tell us everything.

4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I think those statistics tell us everything.

Do they?

Clearly Jersey is too small a sample to be significant. But mortality numbers obviously don't take into account all the people, including many younger people, who didn't die but who have been permanently and irreversibly impacted and who will suffer the consequences for the rest of their lives.

Edited by pongo

Clearly and obviously mortality numbers don't "tell us everything". Because that isn't the whole story.

It's an argument which appeals to the sort of people who were spreading lies about Covid 19 being no more significant than a bad flu.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

Including many younger people, who didn't die but who have been permanently and irreversibly impacted and who will suffer the consequences for the rest of their lives.

In what way exactly? What specific illnesses or symptoms will they now be carrying for the rest of their lives? 

Edited by Mr Newbie

1 minute ago, Mr Newbie said:

Very liberal use of “some” and “may” in that highly authoritative article. 

Google it.

Also are you one of those people who argues that science is just a point of view?

Also - you replied within 1min of me posting that link. I would like to suggest that is insufficient time to read and digest the article.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

Google it.

Also are you one of those people who argues that science is just a point of view?

I find your views funny. I did read the posts claiming that you did a runner from the IOM as you were so scared at the start of all of this so I hope self enforced lockdown is treating you well? But the “fact” is that article is absolutely littered with “may’s” and “some’s” and seeks to perpetrate the general fear culture the COVID obsessed seem to wish to perpetuate. We’ve now clearly moved on to claims of permanent damage as widespread death itself has not manifested itself as initially predicted in order to try to justify locking people up in their own homes and lazy people not wishing to do the jobs they’re employed to do. 

Edited by Mr Newbie

3 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

I did read the posts claiming that you did a runner from the IOM as you were so scared at the start of all of this so I hope self enforced lockdown is treating you well?

You did not.

You are confusing me with another poster.

Edited by pongo
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

I did read the posts claiming that you did a runner from the IOM as you were so scared at the start of all of this so I hope self enforced lockdown is treating you well? 

It was PK who did the runner.