IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, jaymann said:

If I'm not mistaken, was a GP practice not already identified as an at-risk location by the Gov?

I can't say that it's related, because I don't know. But if those figures are proven to be fact, it shows just how rapidly this situation can escalate when we live in our 'COVID free' bubble of normality.

You've already helped to propogate the idea that it is.

6 minutes ago, jaymann said:

So I've just been told - take with usual pinch of salt - 5 GP's now have tested positive. Announcement due extending lockdown to 5 weeks and anticipated ~300+ active cases by Monday.

If it’s not from a reliable source (ie take it with a pinch of salt) then that’s just simply scare mongering.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Just a question , where is the Civil defence in all this. Are they involved in manning phone lines and if not why not ? 

They are volunteers, their normal function is outdoors search and rescue etc. There's plenty of people being paid to sit around who normally do admin functions. NSC, MNH workers for a start! Not to mention DHSS workers.

Edited by Max Power

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

Oh ok. I thought that he was one of the people who have previously argued against border controls for short term economic reasons.

I actually argued for the introduction of border testing long before it was introduced, with a view to it being used to potentially reduce isolation periods or facilitate some degree of movement because without data, we can't progress.

Naturally the situation has changed and the 'testing arrivals only shows 7% of positive individuals' touted by the Health Minister on multiple instances has been proven by our own data to be incorrect.

Edited by jaymann
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jaymann said:

I actually argued for the introduction of border testing long before it was introduced, with a view to it being used to potentially reduce isolation periods or facilitate some degree of movement because without data, we can't progress.

Naturally the situation has changed and the 'testing arrivals only shows 7% of positive individuals' has been proven by our own data to be incorrect.

They lied.

• Like 1

Just now, Nom de plume said:

Rate our Governments handling of the pandemic & communications since the turn of 2021 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I'm surprised that you don't see this as something of a success. Given that you have been more or less arguing that we should just open up and let Covid run its course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Let’s have a little fun.

Rate our Governments handling of the pandemic & communications since the turn of 2021 on a scale of 1 to 10.

1 - total incompetence, heads should roll

10 - wonderful, arise Sir Howard

56 minutes ago, manxst said:

Yes, in that they probably won’t be seriously ill/die. However, as I’ve posted before, they’ll still have to have several weeks or more off work as a result, so depriving the Islands community of some of THE most important key workers. Therefore it doesn’t make sense at all.

Yes but they're wearing PPE.  So the risk is minimal. I can understand why they are not at the top of list given the strategy we have employed.

Yes, we know you've posted it  before.  That doesn't make you any more correct than last time.

2 hours ago, Zarley said:

Ashford discounted an online facility yesterday, effectively claiming the current vaccination demographic are too feeble to use a computer or smartphone. 

You can look back and see who and if an email was sent. 

But not a phone call that is not answered.

Wouldn't advise a letter either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Let’s have a little fun.

1 - total incompetence, heads should roll

10 - wonderful, arise Sir Howard

I regret that it’s not only the gov/gold team, it’s also our MHKs who haven’t held them to account.