IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

19 minutes ago, manxst said:

Of course not. I wouldn’t dream of suggesting what our government has done up to this point has been a complete fuck up. Not at all. Absolutely no change needed in any of their strategies, policies, directives, attitudes or abilities, you’re right. My bad, sorry. 

You've been a very naughty boy. Grounded for the next 3 weeks.

• Haha 1

5 and that's for the initial handling or the crisis, since then it's lucky if it's been a 1 as increasingly showing that the gov is in the thrall of HNWI and Construction companies and consults all them before making any decisions and then doubling down with diluting any health related responses with massive salaried management levels that are simply not required.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

If not sooner sadly. They have shot themselves in the foot this time. Very poor behaviours. Managers say one thing, Foremen and workers do another. Such a shame, everyone knows its hard......but you could at least try FFS

Most, if not all of the merchants have voluntarily closed anyway.

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

The countdown only starts when yiu get to number 30.

She has now spoken to a very polite lady, and someone is going to phone her back to make an appointment now that she has phoned them to confirm she got the letter they sent out telling her she is entitled to an appointment.

You couldn't make it up.

Admin for admins sake. I wonder how successful the projects Ashford used to manage actually were?

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

If not sooner sadly. They have shot themselves in the foot this time. Very poor behaviours. Managers say one thing, Foremen and workers do another. Such a shame, everyone knows its hard......but you could at least try FFS

Well unless there’s evidence that they are spreading it via contact tracing I say keep them working, it will save at least £10m which hopefully will be used to upgrade vaccinations booking!!

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

The countdown only starts when yiu get to number 30.

She has now spoken to a very polite lady, and someone is going to phone her back to make an appointment now that she has phoned them to confirm she got the letter they sent out telling her she is entitled to an appointment.

You couldn't make it up.

Very efficent ! Not .... that really is a joke . We pay people big money to come up with these ideas 

I think they've managed not badly at all in a finely balanced situation.   There was an element of luck but the systems were in place to manage the luck.   

Up till about a week ago - they should have locked down again harder and earlier.   Half term and the kids has just spread it around massively.    

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well unless there’s evidence that they are spreading it via contact tracing I say keep them working, it will save at least £10m which hopefully will be used to upgrade vaccinations booking!!

I never said they should be stopped. I said they only have themselves to blame if they are stopped.

We should do everything in our power to keep construction outside work going. Its very low risk but guys 1ft apart having a fag (ooerr missus) is avoidable. It like they don't know everyman and his dog is driving past

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Are you sure IOMSPCo have all been vaccinated. When I checked the dashboard yesterday only 1 was listed in the 'X transport' cohort as being vaccinated with one 2nd dose due. I haven't checked the dashboard today.

Dashboard says 76 Priority X Transport 1st Vaccinations given (i think this was there a few ago also 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Wonder how many cases they would have to find to make a U-turn on 'outdoor' 'socially distanced' construction?

Cos it's total bollocks.

The majority of people in construction industry are taking the directives very seriously. Earlier today there was an informative & reassuring Teams meeting, there are numerous downloads and printable posters on the construction federation website. The government building regs guys are going out to sites to offer advice too, it's really great to see so many people doing their best to keep construction going. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, jaymann said:

So I've just been told - take with usual pinch of salt - 5 GP's now have tested positive. Announcement due extending lockdown to 5 weeks and anticipated ~300+ active cases by Monday.

I thought all healthcare workers, including GPS had been vaccinated? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2bees said:

The majority of people in construction industry are taking the directives very seriously. Earlier today there was an informative & reassuring Teams meeting, there are numerous downloads and printable posters on the construction federation website. The government building regs guys are going out to sites to offer advice too, it's really great to see so many people doing their best to keep construction going. 

I agree. But the guys on the 'Teams meetings' need to be on site making sure they follow it through. Just saying

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Hmmmm. There's not much practical evidence of that on the three sites I've visited today.

Report them! It's that simple. Either they don't know and need guidance (which is freely available) or they're irresponsible idiots and need shooting. :) 

• Like 1