IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Can you clarify? Do you believe that DOI roadworkers have been vaccinated?

2 hours ago, manxst said:

I know that they have, yes.

Is that the entire DoI, including office staff?

Can someone explain the rationale for this please ?

18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They've announced a 'briefing' with Quayle at 4pm, so we have the same old rigmarole about this being 'all about me', rather than imparting of information.  The fact that it's not a regular slot is telling, even keeping people up to date in a disease outbreak is seen as a favour they grant rather than an obligation to the public.

As ever they're just repeating the same old mistakes every time, except in a tetchier manner.

Molehill now saying 4:30

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Andy Corrie doing some PR - or  perpetuating the Manx rumour mill - depending on which way you see it.

He isn’t wrong, it’s exactly what we saw happen in Lockdown 1, I know a few people who were refused tests due to the testing station being being completely swamped, the advice at the time was if you have the symptoms to simply self isolate for 14 days. 

9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Andy Corrie doing some PR - or  perpetuating the Manx rumour mill - depending on which way you see it.

Hi All,
Just some thoughts on mass precautionary isolations for lower (not low, just lower) risk possible contacts. (Ie. Bridge- gate for example).
They only really work as a means of squashing and eliminating an outbreak in the very very early stages.
In this outbreak I would suggest that we are now well passed that stage with 14 unexplained cases yesterday and many more to come.
The lockdown and everyone sticking to social distancing, hygiene and not mixing households is what will control things now not mass precautionary isolations.
I fully expect that this “mass isolation” based on locations visited strategy will be significantly altered or even abandoned over the course of the next few days as it is unsustainable.
If it isn’t abandoned we’ll end up with everyone on the island in isolation including doctors, nurses, police, fire, and food store workers.
If everyone who was in a given location that has NOT been told to isolate sticks to social distancing, good hygiene, mask wearing, not mixing households and only leaving the house for esential purposes they aren’t going to spread the virus anyway even if they have got it.
(Also, assuming the 2 Bridge people started symptoms and tested positive yesterday this was 3-4 days after they were in the Bridge which is probably why it is classed as low risk because typically the virus only starts shedding and becoming infectious 48 hours prior to symptoms coming out which means the 2 people probably weren’t highly infectious on Saturday night. Not an exact science, granted and there is no such thing as “no risk” but not at the higher end of the risk spectrum either.)

I'm getting a bit tired of his blatant electioneering in the middle of a pandemic.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Zarley said:

He’s lost the dressing room. It’s all a little bit Frank Lampard.

The question is, will Tynwald do an Abramovich & propose the vote of no confidence?

Step up to the plate Chris Robertshaw & the night of the long knives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You don't know that. It's possible he's a really straight bloke trying to use his communication skills to help quell the rising anxiety around mixed messages.

Some people are still altruistic you know - it's not just Dolly Parton.

Can’t see him doing it personally, he’s got a good little number at the moment, would be incredibly foolish to let it go, it’s effectively dead mans shoes type job.