IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

But in Jersey those interested people can visit without quarantine and also Guernsey are starting business tunnels so meetings can take place with business travellers either already doing business in Guernsey or wish to. The Guernsey business tunnel idea means those involved don't have to quarantine but can only do day trips and not stay on island.

Banker (with a B), have you actually read the terms and conditions of key workers and essential travel? Obviously not. What you describe above has always been possible here. Get with the program! 

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Relocating or setting up here is a longer term thing. I doubt it will be significantly affected by short term travel restrictions.

Business travel, for the most part, tends to apply to old fashioned business models. This obviously isn't a good place to be based if you still need to shake hands (or bump elbows) every day.

But it's a fine place to be based if you are, for example, mostly online and / or your team is dispersed. 

You clearly have no understanding of business. If there was a boat of opportunity we’ve missed it no doubt partly due to the likes of you. Coffee Costa and TK Max will not keep you afloat so that is why it’s time to abandon Island. You are an idiot.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

But in Jersey those interested people can visit without quarantine and also Guernsey are starting business tunnels so meetings can take place with business travellers either already doing business in Guernsey or wish to. The Guernsey business tunnel idea means those involved don't have to quarantine but can only do day trips and not stay on island.

But Jersey is taking a risk (in part because unlike IOM and Guernsey they haven't been completely Covid free for a time) and you only have to look at the way that the UK has reacted to the recent rise if cases in Spain to see that such things can backfire.  (Indeed I suspect that has knocked back what little revival the holiday industry had).

The Guernsey proposal is interesting, but looking at the details, I wonder if it adds much for those involved to doing the meeting remotely.  If there is much of a take-up it might be worth trying here[1], but I'm a bit sceptical.

[1]  Those, as we found with those businessmen from Jersey, lots of people seem to be given the ability to come over and do what they want anyway.

I take it you are part of the boat in the morning brigade . I’ve been here 40 years now but your attitude is the one that has always prevailed. I’ve had enough , manx people hate anyone not from here. When we all leave , and we will , fuck you all. Enjoy poverty.

Well  suppose in the end how much we need to spend on keeping old fat people with multiple problems who will die soon anyway alive. Harsh but true. Especially when they are double incontinent and have no idea who the are. I’d want to be put down

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anyone said:

Well  suppose in the end how much we need to spend on keeping old fat people with multiple problems who will die soon anyway alive. Harsh but true. Especially when they are double incontinent and have no idea who the are. I’d want to be put down

Feck off. You will get older too and just how will you feel when you get folk say the same about you? Get a life and grow up

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1