IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

During the course of today the number of cars around on the roads that I've seen (during work) and the number of people out and about, sometimes with no sign of any social distancing, it would make me wonder if there's actually a lockdown in place at present.

They haven’t got the gall to police it after they’ve caused it. It’s got impossible to police anyway with so many tradesman working. If I need to go out I just take my van. You’ll never get pulled. There’s been no immediate Jack-boot wearing by the cops this time round either as everyone’s going to kick up sh*t the second someone is thrown in prison when the SPC worker who caused all this got to roam free.

They've lost any moral authority they might think they had. 

8 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Why are you trying to blame the steam packet worker for this?

Am I not entitled to an opinion on the matter? Everyone else who has breached the rules has been blamed for breaching the rules. What’s different here? It seems clear now that the outbreak has been traced back to that breach doesn’t it?

Edited by CowMan
Typo

27 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I think the problem is possibly a combination major construction companies having an undue amount of sway; needing to finish the prom ASAP; and a lot of the self employed construction workers not having their NI contributions correct so not qualifying for the support schemes.

Plus paying support all the construction workers would probably be £10m pm or about half cost of last monthly cost

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CowMan said:

And the best way to protect these vulnerable obese people apparently is to lock them inside their houses, limit further their exercise, and put them in a mental state where many will resort to over drinking alcohol or over eating to cope. It makes a so much sense! 

I can't believe all the doom mongers on this forum, telling us how it's all the end of the world and we'll all die from alcohol induced covid doom. They make it all sound horrendously hopeless.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I can't believe all the doom mongers on this forum, telling us how it's all the end of the world and we'll all die from alcohol induced covid doom. They make it all sound horrendously hopeless.

You’re not even funny even in parody mode 😉

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Why are you trying to blame the steam packet worker for this?

I don't think anyone one is blaming the SP specifically and definitely not the individual who is the index case, but there has been some sort of cock up which has allowed this to happen.  HQ has admitted as such, but in blander terms.  It is the cause of that cock up that is the issue and will be the subject of an independent inquiry, only if Tynwald wants it according to HQ yesterday. 

However,  it is a fact that the SP worker was the index case for the current bugger's muddle.  It is the outcome that it is a bugger's muddle that is the issue. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Am I not entitled to an opinion on the matter? Everyone else who has breached the rules has been blamed for breaching the rules. What’s different here? It seems clear now that the outbreak has been traced back to that breach doesn’t it?

That's the issue, it probably wasn't a breach.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CowMan said:

This is where our situation can help further knowledge of the virus and how it is transmitted or not transmitted.

Did the worker spend 15 minutes or more sat next to another person, or did the other infected person merely stroll by within a metre and without a mask . . . or whatever.

The whole world hasn't got a clue and of course it is not an exact science, but being a microcosm with as near as damnit 'enclosed' borders we should be leading the way here (A statement for which I will no doubt be derided).

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

I love getting pissed, cant be bothered doing it at home though. 

Nobody should EVER get pissed on their own. I’m speaking from experience. 

• Like 1