IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

So given the stress caused the last few days to some of the most vulnerable trying and failing to get through on 111 to book a vaccination is it not time to split the covid testing from the vaccination line?

It all seems a bit of a lottery. I got my letter, rang 9:30 Monday after 20 min got through and told I would they would all me back to book an appointment. Still not heard anything. Spoke to a guy today and he rang on Monday at 10:30 took him about 30 minutes got an appointment next day.

Listening to Mannin Line today it seemed every bit as random for other people and now they find they've missed people because of the GP's computers? We've had a year to prepare for this, well six months at least when we were out of 1st lockdown.

I wish they'd stop calling it a ciruit break etc. it is a lockdown because of an outbreak.

And why are we still bleating out emnaningless numbers about tests and total cases over the last 12 months, they are irrelevant to conveying what is important right now. Just get on the radio/web/blog and tell us what has changed and if we need to do anything differently. i.e. don't call 111 for vaccine appointments, don't bring someone who cannot give informed consent until you've spoken to their GP, if you have these additional symptoms stay home with your family and call 111.

They just seem to make it up as they go along.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I wonder how all these positive tests are being found. Is it just contact tracing following close contacts or are people phoning up ill. I wonder why so many cases are being picked up now compared to new year when the positive cases were in busy nightclubs with hundreds of people but very few positive tests came back

New, more transmissible variant involved this time?

21 minutes ago, rachomics said:

even though they'll test positive for COVID if actually tested. 

Don't be silly Woman!!! If they tested them all, they couldn't deny they were 'In the Community'??? ( if only for a few days)!

17 minutes ago, pongo said:

I very much hope this outbreak will mean an end to early calls for the measures to be relaxed.

I imagine that you live in a shack on the Foxdale Dead’s and that if anyone comes within half a mile a trip wire flashes an alarm so you can get a box of cartridges loaded before they get any closer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

After saying the Bridge was low risk at briefing it’s now high risk 4 hours later !

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/bridge-inn-laxey-is-a-high-risk-covid-19-location/

But...but...what if you went in on your own and sat in the corner nursing your pint all night and not joining in with the karaoke.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

But...but...what if you went in on your own and sat in the corner nursing your pint all night and not joining in with the karaoke.

It’s a pub in Laxey. It was probably a conga line of intra family back door action after last orders. Nobody was sipping a pint in the corner.