IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Wonder if PM or any of the other journalists thought about asking an expert in contagious diseases and viruses the benefits of rapid genomic results on the tracing of a infectious pathway.

And depending on the answer. A) congratulating Dr Hewit on her stance or B) Informing her that she has been wrong all along with her decision that it was only of interest and of no use what's so ever in tracing pathways. So we could put this argument to bed once and for all

• Like 3

In the first lockdown cabinet Office drew up some plans for essentially what would have been a 5 mile rule to try and stop travel across the island. It wouldn't surprise me if they try a trick like that now. The wailing on Faceache continues with the Karen's demanding Government 'do something'. 

I also wonder what we're likely to see in terms of hospital admissions this time given that cases seem to be in the younger age groups.  Do we need to be in lockdown? 

People are losing their mind over the numbers, but we need to look pragmatically at how it is likely to impact the hospital.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Wonder if PM or any of the other journalists thought about asking an expert in contagious diseases and viruses the benefits of rapid genomic results on the tracing of a infectious pathway.

And depending on the answer. A) congratulating Dr Hewit on her stance or B) Informing her that she has been wrong all along with her decision that it was only of interest and of no use what's so ever in tracing pathways. So we could put this argument to bed once and for all

It's been put to bed. It's just people like you who keep banging on about it.:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

People haven't helped themselves here.  A teacher emailed into Manx Radio i heard when listening this morning.   They said the hubs schools were busier than they had ever been. Full of kids who's parents are NOT key workers.

How is that, when my own child’s school have to know the employment details of parents if they fit the key worker criteria and want the child to go to school. And IF it is correct, why aren’t the school/teachers just saying no? I call bullshit. 

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

In the first lockdown cabinet Office drew up some plans for essentially what would have been a 5 mile rule to try and stop travel across the island. It wouldn't surprise me if they try a trick like that now. The wailing on Faceache continues with the Karen's demanding Government 'do something'. 

I also wonder what we're likely to see in terms of hospital admissions this time given that cases seem to be in the younger age groups.  Do we need to be in lockdown? 

People are losing their mind over the numbers, but we need to look pragmatically at how it is likely to impact the hospital.

I agree.  But I suppose the argument is thay 500 young people catch it and they pass it on to 300 older people you'll see am issue.   It's not a great situation at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

You realise that children have been ending up in hospital as well? They've also been suffering from long Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, manxst said:

How is that, when my own child’s school have to know the employment details of parents if they fit the key worker criteria and want the child to go to school. And IF it is correct, why aren’t the school/teachers just saying no? I call bullshit. 

It definitely isn't bullshit.  What was read out on MR isnt a lie.  And I specially know someone who did it.  Fucking disgraceful behaviour.

4 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It's been put to bed. It's just people like you who keep banging on about it.:rolleyes:

People are ‘banging on about it’ because the government have clearly cut their nose off to spite their face- not admitting they are in the wrong yet again, and leaving our island and the people to suffer as a result of their stubbornness. 

Edited by manxst
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It definitely isn't bullshit.  What was read out on MR isnt a lie.  And I specially know someone who did it.  Fucking disgraceful behaviour.

If true, then yes, it is. But I still doubt it. How do you know the email wasn’t a lie? And why aren’t the school doing something about it? 

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Perhaps it shouldn't have been sent to bed so early? 

So how are they going to deal with vulnerable children?

I was being quite reserved about the earlier poll, but it is a -10 from me and an independent inquiry into this complete and utter disgrace, clusterfuck and shambles. 

Name one thing, just one thing that has gone well.

• Like 6