IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

They are. They're manning the phones from home for all the services we're still ringing up about. Every single government office is in business today.

Don't get caught up in this divisive nonsense. This is exactly the way the whole world is going - setting people against people.

The majority of people are good. We're all just trying to get through this.

Don't waste your energy on pulling anyone down. All it does is take you away from your own energy - and you need it for yourself and your loved ones.

Anyone who thinks loads of civil servants are sat round doing nothing isnt living in the real world,that's for sure.

Your final paragraph- where would this Forum be if it wasn't full of people pulling down government and wasting their energy? Very quiet, that's where.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

See Andrew Corrie has asked CoMin to stop issuing these late  night communications as it’s causing mental health issues, stress etc with many people staying up late to look out for them when they should be resting before early starts.

Many key workers are now scrambling around looking for childcare which could easily have been avoided by early announcement 

4 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Anyone who thinks loads of civil servants are sat round doing nothing isnt living in the real world,that's for sure.

Your final paragraph- where would this Forum be if it wasn't full of people pulling down government and wasting their energy? Very quiet, that's where.:thumbsup:

Anyone who doesn’t think there’s loads of civil servants doing nothing isn’t in the real world !!!

Theres lots of public sector working extremely long hours and what I’m saying is that some of these under worked public sector could be helping the others. 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

See Andrew Corrie has asked CoMin to stop issuing these late  night communications as it’s causing mental health issues, stress etc with many people staying up late to look out for them when they should be resting before early starts.

Many key workers are now scrambling around looking for childcare which could easily have been avoided by early announcement 

He is just saying obvious things to win votes. The sooner he declares the better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, reptar said:

You get home, the dog is in bits all over the floor, and you have the audacity to ask what happened.

And Ewart replies 'as I have explained in great detail many times previously it is not uncommon for one to get home and find the dog in pieces all over the floor. In fact this is how they are meant to be. It's the dogs that are all in one piece and moving about that are the anomaly here'.

This is post of the year for me :) I love it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

I would suspect that, by the time there has been a Zoom about it, and you have the test results, it is quite late on in the evening. Then you have to write and vet a press statement too.

But, that doesn’t do any favours for anyone who is in bed at an early hour. 

The counter point to that is if they announced the discussions early, people would panic or they’d get accused of crying wolf if policy didn’t change. 

2 hours ago, The Old Git said:

The Everbridge app seems to work well. I’ve had a text, email and notification from the government about the schools being shut and the Bridge Inn since signing up to it yesterday. 

ETA EG 

A1A4486D-427E-4C63-A655-461C28F03D79.png

92902AF8-4F6C-4DDA-A4C0-2419ECF29404.jpeg

I just get the “not available in your country” when I try to download the app from the Google play store, easy to get around but you would think the government would have sorted that out with Everbridge

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He is just saying obvious things to win votes. The sooner he declares the better.

Hes certainly building himself up for the 'I have tried from the outside and they haven't listened. So now I want to do it from the inside, for you.' Standing speech.

Kent Variant becomes dominant (Wikipedia)

• South East England in week 48, the last week of November 2020.
  • England in week 51 of 2020.
  • United Kingdom in week 52 of 2020.
  • Scotland and Northern Ireland in week 1 of 2021.
  • Wales in week 2 of 2021.
  • Ireland in week 2 of 2021.

If only we had had some warning...
Now we need a vaccine in every arm before Brazilian variant is here or we will have 2 foes to fight and no working vaccine.

• Like 1

That just leaves Dave MHK MBE to add some of the dreaded 'clarity which seems to be the fashion these days.

So Dave, why is my canine in such a state?

Well, that is a very good question and I'm glad you asked that. If I can just start by saying that it is not ideal that your dog is in loads of bits, and also a few hundred more dogs are in a similar state, and probably a few hundred more by next week.

But let me remind you about the state of the art, multi million pound, dog reassembly centre we have created in the old Shoprite. We are currently putting back together record numbers of dogs each week and will be, quite literally, operating at full capacity 24/7 from next week (Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays 2pm-4pm only).

And, yes, there has been some wastage. At the end of the day there's occasionally some bits left over. The odd tail, tongue, that sort of thing. And we have had to chuck these bits in the bin but never mind.

Henrietta, anything to add?

Henrietta breaths deeply, huffs and puffs and can barely hide her utter contempt for everyone else in the entire world.

• Haha 8

20 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Maybe the guy you are talking about is ok. But in general the IOM seems to be infested with YouTube and Twitter bigmouths. Mostly men without proper jobs and invariably on the verge of standing for the council. 

3 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

Kent Variant becomes dominant

aka Steam Packet strain?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2