IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

17 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I just get the “not available in your country” when I try to download the app from the Google play store, easy to get around but you would think the government would have sorted that out with Everbridge

Odd, I downloaded it from Apple Ok. I always set my country as U.K. though. If I set it as Isle of Man I get everything in metric rather than imperial. That may be the difference. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Odd, I downloaded it from Apple Ok. I always set my country as U.K. though. If I set it as Isle of Man I get everything in metric rather than imperial. That may be the difference. 

It’s a known issue with Android and the Isle of Man, it has been going on since the early days and over a decade. 

9 hours ago, snowman said:

Finance sector = key workers

That's a disgrace the should be called out 

It's not the entire finance sector, just those deemed essential (eg banks). Having a working bank sector is pretty essential for most people as they can pay/receive wages, buy shopping, order shit from amazon, the usual. 

Having said that, many can and are working from home so their children should not be in Hub school. Their employers will need to be lenient with them though!

11 minutes ago, Raffles said:

Having said that, many can and are working from home so their children should not be in Hub school. Their employers will need to be lenient with them though!

I am glad that I don't have a house full of kids while trying to do a 9-5 job at home

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pongo said:

So to use the Everbridge app we have to create an account on the IOM govt website?

I had never heard of this until @The Old Git mentioned it.

I created an account in the Everbridge app and then picked IOM government as alerts I was interested in. I could get alerts from more organisations if they were of interest. 

Ironically I only heard about the app from social media yesterday. 

ETA at least I think is what I did. Wasn’t really paying full attention, perhaps IOM government page opened in a window in the app. Already have accounts with the government, perhaps I could have used them. 

Edited by The Old Git
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Old Git said:

Ironically I only heard about the app from social media yesterday. 

I suspect if you mentioned that to the IOM Gov dept they would tell you that it was your fault you didn't know about it

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Who gave it to you? Your employer?

Well the letter/email came from IOM government, I don’t know what was sent to them in order to clarify our status. At the time it was a proper lockdown, very few cars were even on the road, certainly more cyclists than cars at one point.